When it comes to investing smartly in your indoor grow, nothing can beat the most sustainable option – LED Grow Lights. LEDs are not just great for the health of your indoor plants but also give your nursery or an indoor grow a completely vibrant look at a cost-effective price. But with so many options available in the market ranging from small size to large commercial LED grow lights, it isn’t easy to choose the best LED grow light for the money that perfectly matches your requirements.
Worry not! With our detailed top LED grow lights buying guide, we will cover every inch of various types of grow lights available in the market for both large spaces and small rooms. We have curated the top 10 suggestions based on your requirements, budget options, bestselling reviews, and functions to let you get the right led grow light for indoor growing. But before heading to the list, lets learn a little more about the working and benefits of these lights to make the right decision.
Our Top 5: Expert Picks
What is an LED Grow Light?
LED (light-emitting diode) Grow Light is a kind of energy-efficient artificial light used to enhance the natural growth of indoor plants by providing them an adequate amount of lighting. Most of the LED bulbs produce light waves of Blue and Red color, responsible for the plants’ growth. Red light waves respond to the Phytochromes (responsible for leafy growth), while blue light enhances the photosynthesis process and stimulates stronger roots. Depending upon the plant type, you either require red or blue or both light waves for healthy plant growth.
How do LED Grow Lights Work?
Unlike other fluorescent bulbs or lights, LED grow lights use two different kinds of semiconductors: Electrons (carry a negative charge) and Holes (have a positive charge) to create their own light spectrum. This light spectrum act as a supplement to natural light and helps plants grow healthier and faster.
While the other bulbs or lights use filament or mercury or lead to produce light, LED grow lights use their semiconductor chips to emit the light spectrum and thus more energy-efficient, eco-friendly & long-lasting.
Why Choose Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights?
Different LED Grow lights emit different wavelengths depending upon their spectrum pattern. These different light wavelengths stimulate different stages of plant growth, and thus while choosing the correct grow light, you must check its spectrum according to the sort of stimulation you want. For example, LED that is perfect for vegetation might not be as effective with flower development.
But Full Spectrum LED Grow Light caters the plant stimulation at different stages according to your need, and thus you can use it for all. Full-spectrum grows light is an adjustable LED light that emits lights of different wavelengths similar to the Sun. In other words, Full Spectrum Light emits all wavelengths of light that are emitted from the sun.
Many plants not only require red or blue light but all the colors of visible light (even in a limited amount) for proper growth. For such plants, Full-Spectrum light is the best suitable option. For example, the Cannabis plant requires different lights of different wavelengths at its various growth stages, and thus it is advisable to use full-spectrum light for its healthy growth.
What Are PAR Values?
Plants use a specific light range known as Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR) for photosynthesis. The PAR values involve the electromagnetic wavelengths between 400 and 700 nanometers on which different stages of plant growth occur. Grow LED lights produce a ton of lights of different wavelengths but are not absorbed by plants. Plants only absorbed lights of some specific wavelengths, and they reflect rest. So, in simple words, PAR is the light’s amount that is usable to plants.
The effectivity of any Grow LED light depends upon its PAR value. It is measured by the number of micromoles of light per square meter per second. The more intense the PAR value of the LED light, the more effective it will be. So, always check the PAR value of grow light while opting for the right one for your indoor garden.
- 600–1000 µmol/m²/s: High-strength light. This range is best for developing growth and flowering.
- 400–600 µmol/m²/s: Medium strength light. Suitable for early veg and stretching.
- 200–400 µmol/m²/s: Low strength light. Ideal for delicate seedlings and clones.
What is PPFD Value and its significance?
Just like PAR, PPFD Value also plays a crucial role in determining the efficiency of a grow LED light. PPFD stands for “Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density.”
PPFD is basically the measure of LIght intensity, and it tells how much many light photons that fall within the PAR range hit a given square meter per second (in micromoles). PPFD value doesn’t tell you how much measured light will land on plants, but it is still crucial to determine the efficiency of a particular grow light. The longer will be your light cycle, the lower will be optimal PPFD value and vice-versa.
What are the Benefits of Using LED Grow Lights?
LED Grow Lights are way better than the conventional HPS lights in terms of:
1) Economical: LED grow lights use less energy and heat to produce more usable light and thus a much economical and convenient option than traditional lights, which cost you long electricity bills.
2) Eco-Friendly: Since LED lights don’t contain toxic gases or substances such as mercury or lead, they are eco-friendly and recyclable.
3) Longer Lifespan: LED lights use less temperature to produce more heat, making them more sustainable. They are designed to last longer for up to 102,000 hours. Their low operatable temperature makes them long-lasting and more durable than conventional lights.
4) Efficiency: LED lights convert energy into usable light 40-60% more than conventional lights with a low heat signature. While the other traditional lights given off most of their energy as heat and only efficient 20-40%, LED grow lights produce very light heat and utilize most of their power into light emission.
5) Less Heat Production: Unlike HID lights, LED grow lights rarely emit wavelengths of 730nm, due to which only a minimal amount of heat is directed towards the plants, and the rest is the ambient heat from the panel. This makes grow lights suitable for plant growth as more heat production can burn the leaves of the plants and damage their development.
6) Better Crop Production: One of the best advantages of grow lights is that they speed up the growth process of plants by providing adequate lighting just like natural sunlight, resulting in better crop production.
List of Best Led Grow Lights 2022 – Specifications, Review, Price
1. HLG 650R LED Grow Light– Best Energy Efficient Grow Light
- Dimension: 26″ x 21.25″ x 4″
- Wattage: Dimmable- 60 to 610 Watts
- Energy Efficiency: 2.8 (μmol/joule), max output- 1700 PPF’s
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum White and 660nm Red
- Coverage Area: 7×7 ft (veg) / 5×5 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: Flowering: 30 inches / Veg: 48 inches
- LEDs: Samsung LM301H and Deep Red LED 660nm
- Power Supply: Works on 120VAC and 240VAC and 277VAC
- Warranty: 3 years
When it comes to choosing the most energy-efficient and value-for-money LED Diodes, the best option is HLG 650R grow light. Whether you want to grow a single plant or want to use it for cloning, this grow light is perfect for a 5*5 grow tent.
The light comes with both white light (Samsung LM301H full-spectrum white diodes) and deep & far-red spectra (LM351H V2 660nm diodes). Talking about white light, it covers the full spectrum of PAR better than Blurple light and thus enhances the photosynthesis process. The white diodes used in this light resemble natural sunlight and allow you to produce high-quality yield.
Apart from white light, this grow light also has both deep and far-red spectra, which is crucial for the “Emerson Effect” in plants. Emerson Effect is nothing but an increase in the photosynthesis process when chloroplasts are exposed to the light of wavelength 680nm (deep red spectra) and more than 680nm (far-red spectra).
One of the best thing about the HLG 650R Grow light is that you can operate it at minimal wattage of 60 watts, which allow you to save huge bucks on your electricity bill. To make it more efficient, the makers have used Diablo Quantum Board which has several advantages over other boards. The fixtures are relatively larger, with multiple small diodes in the quantum board to provide more extensive coverage and more light spread.
Just like other HLG grow lights, it also comes with a passive cooling mechanism to protect your plants from overheating. The Quantum LED board is designed effectively with heatsinks to provide the only required amount of heat to the plants for their growth without any damage to leaves or flowers.
Overall, it is one of the best energy efficient Grow Light that has excellent build quality with high-quality Samsung LM301H diodes and LM351H V2 diodes, suitable for both your pocket and indoor garden.
- Better Warranty than other Chinese LEDs
- Excellent heat management system
- Cooler Quantum boards
- Consume Less Power and Generate Less Heat
- Trusted American Brand
- Comes with a free set of Ratchet Hangers.
- Lack of IR and UV wavelength lights
- Bad Customer Support.
- Replacement can take a really long time in some cases.
2. VIPARSPECTRA P2000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- Dimension: 20 x 11 x 2.6 inches
- Wattage: Comparable to 500W MH/HPS
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum
- Coverage Area: 4’x4’ at 24” and 3’x3’ at 20”
- Hang Height: 24” for vegetative phase and 20” for flowering phase
- LEDs: Samsung LM281B+
- Power Supply: Consumes about 200W of power
- Warranty: 36-month warranty
Absolutely no article on grow lights can ever be complete about mentioning the name of Viparspectra, which is one of the biggest and the leading LED grow light-makers of the world. This is their P2000, one of the latest LED lights from the company, that follows all the modern design standards and offers a high-quality lighting experience while consuming very little power.
This grow light can effectively be used to cover an area up to 4 x 4 ft, and can easily replace a classic old-school light up to 500W while drawing less than half as much power. The light consumes only 200W and is one of the most energy-efficient grow lights for growing marijuana.
Viparspectra makes use of the LMB281B+ LED lights here, which are high-quality diodes and last you for a long time. The grow light itself can last you for almost a decade if used properly and there’s a 3-year warranty that you get with it as well. The LEDs are also dimmable and can be adjusted from about 5% to 100% brightness – giving you good control over the intensity of the light during the vegetative and the growth phase.
The light comes with a high-quality heat sink attached to the back which ensures that all the heat escapes the system and does not cause damage to the light. The light offers a fanless design, which makes it an ideal choice for people growing marijuana at home because you do not get the annoying sound of the fan. Setting up the grow light is also quite simple and does not require too much human effort. It is a basic plug-and-play operation and it can also be hung easily.
All said and done if you are looking forward to growing marijuana indoors, this is just the best possible option for you. This is also an ideal grow light for people who wish to grow their weed in a small-scale setup, such as a 2x4ft grow tent.
- Dimmable lighting is a big plus here
- Ideal for small sized (4×2) grow tents
- 3-year warranty and a good customer service
- Fanless operation, does not make noise
- Full-spectrum lighting for both the phases of growth
- Some people have pointed out that it causes a slight ‘burn’ if kept too near to the flowering plants
4. Spider Farmer SF-1000 Grow LED Light– Best Budget Light
- Dimension: 11.8″ x 10.5″ x 2.3″
- Wattage: 100 Watt
- Energy Efficiency: 2.5 umol/J
- Spectrum: Full-spectrum- white, blue, red, and IR (3000K, 5000K, 660nm, and IR 760nm)
- Coverage Area: 3 x 3 ft (veg) / 2 x 2 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 12 inches
- LEDs: Samsung LM301B Diodes
- Power Supply: 100.5W±5%@AC12 0V 98.8W±5%@AC240V 98.39W±5%@AC277V
- Warranty: 3 years
If you want to witness the high efficiency and performance of Samsung LM301B diodes but do not want to spend much money on premium LED lights, then Spider Farmer SF-1000 is the best budget grow light for you. Packed with cost-efficient Samsung diodes, it has a high energy efficiency rate of 2.5 umol/J, nearly twice the standard HPS light output.
Not only this but also SF-1000 saves 50% on your electricity bill as it consumes as little as 10 watts on the low setting and as high as 96 watts on the high setting to disperse the amazingly bright light depending upon the plant type and growth requirement.
The light is ideal for all growth stages with an excellent full-spectrum PAR range, including 3000K for the red light and 5000K for the blue. If you want to accelerate the flowering time to increase yield, you can use its 660nm red and infrared light.
The output of this grow light is similar to that of a 400 watt HID system, but its operational cost is low, which is a good thing if you are budget conscious. To provide the maximum co
verage with zero wastage, makers have placed the lenses at 90 degrees, which lets the whole light focuses on your plant without wasting any.
The LED bulbs rated for 100,000 hours, which means they are designed to last for 8-10 years without any replacement and are thus highly durable. Although the light doesn’t have a cooling fan or heat sinks on its board, the aluminum board fixtures still stay cool, and its rubber coating reduces the risk of water damage.
The best thing is this grow light comes with a hanging kit and power cord, everything you need to start your indoor garden immediately.
- High-Quality Samsung Chips and Meanwell Drivers
- Low heat emission system
- Waterproof & shockproof design
- ETL Certified
- Good for small spaces
- Even Coverage
- Low Cost
- Comes with stainless steel hanging hooks and adjustable rope hangers
- Don’t have internal fans to dissipate heat
- Not suitable for large indoor spaces
5. BESTVA BAT W600 Dimmable LED Grow Light – Best Grow Light for a 5×5 Grow Tent
Bestva’s BAT series of grow lights are a modern solution for the modern grower, who plans on growing weed indoors. Instead of being one big chunk of light, you get six broad strips of LED lights, which allows you to get a better scatter, but also ensures that there’s less heating and you can continue a smooth, fanless operation. The design has a unique appeal, and this is a great option for a 5×5 setup. However, a lot of people who tend to grow in a larger scale prefer buying multiple of these units and setting them up side by side for an even larger coverage.
This grow light from Bestva makes use of the Samsung LM301 diodes, which are known across the industry as one of the most popular lighting solutions for indoor growers. This grow light makes use of 1680 pieces of these diodes, to ensure a good and bright lighting experience. The brighter the light, the better your indoor plants are going to grow – and Bestva has got you really covered on this front. This grow light delivers 15% more brightness than traditional 600W lights while consuming up to 35% less power!
This is a full-spectrum grow light, which makes it pretty near to the natural light of the sun. Another major benefit of getting hold of the Bestva BAT W600 grow light is that it is a dimmable device. It allows you to dim the lights based on the needs of your plants. You can increase or decrease this brightness to match a natural daypart and to make the plants feel that they are growing in a regular outdoor environment. The heat dissipation in this grow light is also pretty good. To make things better, the grow light also operates in a fanless mode, which ensures that there is no noise – which tends to be a major problem while growing indoors.
Another big benefit here is that you can get hold of this grow light right from the US markets and you don’t have to wait for it to arrive from some other country. A lot of modern-day grow lights actually ship from places like Europe or China, but this one is actually warehoused in LA, which makes the delivery faster as well as more reliable. It also makes it easy for you to return the lights in case you are not satisfied.
- Consumes very little power
- 15% brighter than most other competitors
- Even spread across a large area
- Easily dimmable ranging from 1% to 100%
- No heat dissipation
- IP65 liquid and dust resistant
- Some people prefer using a single panel than multiple strips
- Customer support can take quite a while in responding
6. Gavita Pro 1700E LED – Most Durable Commercial Grow Light
- Dimension: 44″ x 44″ x 2.5″
- Wattage: 645 watts
- Energy-Efficiency: 2.7 umol/J
- Spectrum: full-spectrum, broad-coverage light
- Coverage Area: 6 x 6 ft (veg) / 5 x 5 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 36 inches (for vegetation), 12-24 inches (flowering)
- LEDs: Samsung white LEDs and Osram deep-red LEDs
- Power Supply: 5.3A @120V | 2.7A @ 240V | 2.3A @ 277V
- Warranty: 5 year
Maintaining the efficiency of Grow Light when used for a commercial purpose is a real challenge, but Gavita Pro 1700E is making its mark in terms of both efficiency and performance.
Operates at an incredible efficiency of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt, Gavita Pro 1700E can be dimmable from 50%- 100% using the external Gavita Master controller without losing its efficiency. You can operate it at just 645 watts, which hardly costs $27.91 per month in your electricity bill.
The light uses around 3300 diodes (much more than other LED grow lights) to provide maximum and even light coverage that lasts longer, up to 20,000 to 30,000 hours. The LED fixtures on its board operate with an output of 1700 µmol s-1 PAR to provide intense light coverage to vertical racks, tent rooms, or low rooms.
Talking about its build quality, Gavita has used premium Philips drivers, Samsung white LEDs, and Osram deep-red LEDs to provide light similar to sunlight for better yield production. Its eight passively cool bars provide full-spectrum light coverage for full-term growth, and you can use them for all growth stages of various plants, from flowering to vegetation.
Its cooling mechanism is exceptionally effective with noise cancellation, and you won’t need an additional cooling fan to opt apart from it.
For each fixture, you need Gavita E-Series LED Adapter – 120-277 V (that is sold separately) when you are using the controller. If you use non-controller fixtures, you can operate them at 100% without an external LED adapter. Depending upon the controller, you can connect up to 500 – 1,000 LED fixtures using the setup provided in the kit.
One of the best things about this grow light is that it comes with various accreditations and certificates to pass state and country safety inspections for commercial application, unlike other commercial grow lights. You can use these accreditations to rebate on the cost of fixtures from 10-50%, depending upon your local electricity company.
- Ideal for Growing Spaces with Low Ceilings
- Can be controlled externally with Gavita Controller
- More energy efficient & economical than Single Diodes LEDs
- Slightly expensive
- Gravita Controller and Power Cord Sold Separately
7. Mars Hydro TS 1000W LED– Best Budget Grow Light
- Dimension: 14.2″ x 13.2″ x 1.4″
- Wattage: 150 watts
- Energy-Efficiency: [email protected]″
- Spectrum: full-spectrum, 60-665nm Red IR/3200-4200Knm/5200-6800Knm
- Coverage Area: 3 x 3 ft (veg) / 2.5 x 2.5 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 16 inches (for vegetation), 12 inches (flowering)
- LEDs: SMD LED White and Red Diodes
- Power Supply: Works both on 120VAC and 240VAC and 277VAC
- Warranty: 3 year
Mars Hydro TS-1000W is a great budget alternative with some outstanding features that you won’t be able to find in other grow lights of the same price range. Like it has excellent build quality with highly efficient white and red LEDs that produce light spectra similar to natural sunlight, resulting in a 30% higher yield than other brand LEDs of the same range.
The SMD diodes of Epistar provide outstanding performance and excellent coverage with the inclusion of IR diodes to complete the spectrum for various growth stages of different plants.
Apart from it, you can decrease the power output of light according to crop type using the adjustable wattage driver. You can adjust the wattage from 38 watts to 165 watts using this driver. You can also remove this driver and place it outside your tent to cool down the tent in case of overheating. It doesn’t have a cooling fan yet has an effective cooling mechanism to prevent overheating.
With 342 Epistar chips and a high-quality aluminum foil hood, Mars Hydro reduce the light loss to aisles and increase the light intensity by 20% so that your plants can receive maximum light for healthy and fast growth.
The biggest strength of Mars Hydro TS-1000W over other grow lights is its fixture quality. Its fixtures are more efficient than traditional lights, with most of the white diodes and a mix of red and IR LEDs make a perfect full-spectrum, which not saves electricity but also consumes less power & money.
- Updated Modern Design
- Better energy efficiency
- Evenly spread light intensity
- Low cost with three years Warranty
- Fan-Less Heat Dissipation System
- No Power Switch
- Limited Controlling Features
8. Advanced Platinum P300 series– Premium Quality Grow LED Light
- Dimension: 19″ x 8.25″ x 3″
- Wattage: 180 watts
- Energy-Efficiency: 1050 [email protected]”, 683 [email protected]”
- Spectrum: Dual Veg/Flower Full Spectrum
- Coverage Area: 4.54 x 4 ft (veg) / 3 x 2 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 24 inches (for vegetation), 18 inches (flowering)
- LEDs: 100 pcs x 3W Bridgelux/Epistar US Made LEDs
- Power Supply: 1.6A @ 110V / 0.8A @ 220V
- Warranty: 5 year
The reason we have included Advanced Platinum P300 in our top 10 grow LED lights is its highest PAR per watt energy efficiency compared to any other LED light available in the market. The light has 12 Full Band Spectrum, including the depth of UV and upper IR to provide your plants the most effective light spectrum for their different growth stages from bloom to vegetation.
The light consumes only about 180 watts for Bloom setting and 93 watts for vegetation of various crops, significantly less than other LEDs and thus highly efficient and economical for your indoor growing. The best thing is you can adjust the light spectrum easily using selectable Veg/Flower mode, depending upon your plant’s growth stage.
Advanced Platinum P300 is definitely a better option than the conventional 400w HPS light as it consumes only about 180W power to give your plant 100% reusable light, using 90-degree secondary lenses for better coverage area and maximum intensity.
Apart from its highly efficient spectrum, the other noticeable feature is 2x high-speed whisper-quiet fans with aluminum cooling heat sinks. This increases the efficiency of this product by lowering the temperature of delicate plants.
As compared to other competitors, this light has a great coverage area- 4.5ft x 3.8ft from the height of 24-18″ for vegetation and cover around 3′ x 2′ at 18″ height for the flowering of various crops like Marijuana, etc.
The light comes with superior customer service and a 5-year warranty with an exclusive 90 days return guarantee if you are not satisfied with the performance. But that will be an unlike case as the LEDs are made in the USA and accounted for their even coverage and excellent light dispersion. So, you can rely on this grow light if you are a professional grower with no budget or noise issue.
- Excellent coverage area
- Comes with five years of Warranty
- Suitable for both flowering & vegetation stages
- Ideal for small indoor spaces
- Advanced energy-saving system
- Slightly expensive
- More Heat Emission
- Loud fan noise as compared to other LEDs
- Not suitable for large spaces.
9. King Plus New Model 1000w LED– Best Grow Light for 4’x4′ grow tent
- Dimension: 12.2” x 8.25″ x 2.3″
- Wattage: 188 watts
- Energy-Efficiency: 595 µmol/㎡·[email protected]”
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum from 380 nm to 780 nm (including UV + IR)
- Coverage Area: 4 x 4 ft (veg) / 3.5 x 3.5 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 24-36 inches (for vegetation), 18-24 inches (flowering)
- LEDs: Epistar double-chip 10W LED (100 pcs)
- Power Supply: AC85-265V
- Warranty: 3 year
King LED 1000W Grow Light is redesigned to use two larger 5W diodes into a single diode of 10W to improve its light efficiency and reduce heat output. The 10Watt diodes penetrate the canopy more deeply than the 5Watt diodes, resulting in better quality yield.
You can get as high as 1901 umol at 6 inches to 447 umol at 24 inches depending upon your crop growth and type. To keep your plants protected from overheating, the fixture has two fans and glass form convection that provide your tent adequate ventilation without making any noise.
There is 100 pcs of 10W LEDs, a mix of red, blue, UV, and IR. All these LEDs provide full-spectrum just like natural sunlight with the following wavelength breakdown:
71 red diodes (620-630 nm and 655-660 nm), 14 blue diodes (440-450 nm and 450-460 nm), 8 yellow diodes (605-620 nm), 5 warm white diodes (3500-4000k), 1 UV diode (380-410 nm) and 1 IR diode (730 nm).
Its high-quality aluminum radiators help maximize light dispersion without wasting any light and allow the light bulb to work at 50°F to 60°F, which you might not find in other LEDs of the same range.
The only drawback you will find with this grow light is that even marketed as a 1000W LED light, it can replace only 600W HPS lights in actuality. But in this range, it is good enough to use for small tents and crops like cannabis or Marijuana.
- Provide uniform utilization of all full-spectrum light ratios
- Durable Build Quality
- Best in the segment coverage area
- Design is beginner-friendly & straightforward
- Excellent heat dissipation system with less heat emission
- No separate mode switches
- Lack of Waterproof Design
10. MAXSISUN PB 1000 LED– Reliable Grow Light for Cannabis
- Dimension: 12″ x 10.8″ x 2.5″
- Wattage: 100 watts
- Energy-Efficiency: 2.1 μmol/J,
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum across 400nm to 760nm wavelength, Warm White (3500K), Neutral White (5500K), Deep RED IR (660nm)
- Coverage Area: 2.5 x 2.5 ft (veg) / 2 x 2 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 12 inches (for vegetation & flowering), 22 inches (seedlings)
- LEDs: 300 pcs LM281B+ LEDs
- Power Supply: AC100-240V
- Warranty: 3 year
If you are looking for a high-performance grow light for your Cannabis production (from flowering to complete vegetation stage) under your budget, Maxsisun PB1000W and other higher series are perfect for you. The light uses significantly less wattage (only 100W) to provide high energy efficiency of 2.1 μmol/J and save around 50% electricity consumption than other 200W HID lights of the same range.
Talking about its spectrum, it consists of 660nm (far red), 3500K (red), and 6500 (blue), which is excellent for the vegetative stage but not that good for the flowering stage due to lack of IR diodes. However, you can use this light conveniently for all growth stages, from germination to vegging.
Unlike other lights, Maxsisun doesn’t come with a dimmable switch to adjust the light intensity for various growth stages. So you have to manually change their hanging height according to your crop’s growth stage and coverage area. You can hang the light at 12 inches for 700 micromoles intensity for the flowering stage, and during the seedling phase, hang it at 22 inches for 200-250 micromoles of intensity.
The light comes with no cooling fans hence completely noise-free, but it does have an aluminum heat sink protected by glue coating to prevent overheating and water damage. Since the light requires very minimal wattage to generate high-intensity light spectra, you won’t face any overheating issues with the device.
One of the best things about the Maxsisun PB-1000W LED light is that it comes at an economical price with Quantum Board Fixture. The other type of fixtures generally emits light outwards from the central fixture, resulting in wastage of light instead of directly going to the plants. But since the light has a quantum fixture, all the light will go downwards to the plants, and you can actually observe the high-yield production when using it in the proper environment.
The only downside we observed in this light is the lack of IR diodes. But apart from it, the light is perfect for growing Cannabis in a small grow tent at an affordable price. Plus, the company offers you a 3-year warranty with 90 days return policy so you can check the performance and then decide to opt for it.
- Low Power Consumption
- Suitable for larger spaces
- High-Speed Noise-Free Cooling Fans
- Built-in-timer with remote control
- Slightly Expensive
11. Phlizon Dimmable 600W LED Light– Affordable & Efficient Grow Light
- Dimension: 13″ x 12″ x 3″
- Wattage: 100 watts
- Energy-Efficiency: 3.2umol/W
- Spectrum: Dimmable Full Spectrum. 180pcs 3000K leds , 72pcs 6500K leds, 8pcs 660nm red leds.
- Coverage Area: 2 x 2 ft (veg) / 1.5 x 1.5 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 18-24 inches (for vegetation & flowering), 24 inches (seedlings)
- LEDs: Samsung SMD 3528 leds
- Power Supply: Works from 85V to 265V
- Warranty: 3 year
Phlizon has recently upgraded its 600W grow light model to make it more efficient and economical for professional growers. Talking about its build quality, the light has high-quality, reliable Samsung LM301B LEDs that provide you maximum bright light by just consuming 100W power, which makes it highly durable and efficient.
Now, if you see its Light Spectrum, it has SMD LEDs dimmable full-spectrum with a mix of 3000K & 6000K White diodes and 660nm Deep Red diodes essential for all the growth stages of your plants. The only downside with its spectrum is the lack of UV or IR diodes, which enhance the growth process and improve the yield quality.
The light is built with a reflective aluminum hood and water-resistant driver to avoid heat and water damage. The light board adopts sealing technology to keep the light safe from humidity and moisture. Also, the light doesn’t have a cooling fan, so it is entirely noise-free. But you won’t feel the overheating issue with the light due to its aluminum hood and less power consumption.
The light is suitable for the small coverage area of, let us say, 2 x 2 ft. with the hanging height between 12-18 inches. The light is strong enough for the Cannabis seedling and vegetative phase but not strong enough for its all growth cycles. But like other companies, Phlizon also allows the customer to check the product first with its 30-days money-back policy, so you can try it if you have a small room.
- Substantial Coverage Area
- High PAR output
- Energy Efficient
- Don’t have a power cord
- Not waterproof
12. Black dog Phytomax-2 1000 LED– Most Powerful Grow Light
- Dimension: 21″ x 21″ x 7″
- Wattage: 1050 Watt
- Energy-Efficiency: 1602 µMol/s
- Spectrum: Full-cycle Phyto-Genesis Spectrum (365-750nm, UV to NIR)
- Coverage Area: 8 x 8 ft (veg) / 6.5 x 6.5 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 47 inches (for flowering), 57 inches (vegetation)
- LEDs: Latest-technology, top-bin LEDs
- Power Supply: 8.8A~4.4A (@ 120/240v)
- Warranty: 5 year
Known for its high performance and reliability, Black Dog Phytomax-2 1000 is one of the best commercial LED grow lights you can opt for if you are a professional grower or want to grow plants in bulk. In fact, it is one of the most powerful grow lights we have mentioned in our list, with all the advanced features you might not get in other LEDs light.
Talking about its build quality, this light will surely impress you with its sturdy and highly efficient LED board. The makers have used Red LEDs made by Osram and Blue LEDs made by Cree to optimize the performance. All the LEDs are evenly dispersed on the board to provide uniform light coverage. Instead of 3W diodes, this light has a 5Watt diode that provides more intense full-spectrum light.
5 Watt diodes, however, produce more heat than 3-watt diodes, but to protect the device from overheating, this grow light has excellent cooling fans and an aluminum heat sink. Unlike other LEDs, it has the largest aluminum heat sink surface to absorb all the heat emission and direct it towards the fan to cool it off. One great thing about these two cooling fans is that they are noise-free with 70,000 hours.
Also, the light has a unique Phyto-Genesis spectrum which you might not be able to find in other LEDs. After 6 years of research and testing, this full-spectrum can outperform HPS, MH, CMH (LEC), induction, fluorescent, and “white” LEDs in equal wattage tests. The spectrum has a blend of Blue, Red, White, IR, and UV wavelengths, essential for different growth stages of plants.
One of the main reasons to choose Phytomax-2 as a commercial LED grow light is its extensive coverage area. With low wattage and high energy efficiency, it can cover up to 6.5′ X 6.5′ (42 square feet!) of flowering footprint coverage.
The diodes have a lifespan of 50,000 hours, i.e., around five years without interruption. Also, the canopy penetration, spectrum coverage, and heat dissipation system of this LED light are unmatchable to other lights. Its price might look expensive to you at first but talking about its functions, durability, and performance, it is worth all your money.
- Power Light Coverage
- Intense canopy penetration
- Excellent heat management system
- Suitable for commercial spaces
- The spectrum cannot be changed
13. KingLED Newest 1200w LED Grow Lights
- Dimension: 15.75 x 8.39 x 2.37 inches
- Wattage: 1200w
- Energy Efficiency: 2.8 umol/J
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum
- Coverage Area: Approximately 3.5 x 5.2 ft
- Hang Height: 3.5ft during vegetative phase and 2ft during flowering
- LEDs: LM301B LEDs
- Power Supply:165W
- Warranty: 3 years professional service
While over the past couple of years, smaller and flatter LED grow lights have become the go-to design, here’s a more ‘traditional’ and old-school form factor of a grow light – the KingLED 1200W LED grow light which runs on Samsung’s LM301B diodes and provides good coverage to a small-sized grow tent. This is a great option if you are someone who doesn’t want to spend much and are growing fewer plants.
Priced just above $100, this LED grow light is suited for regular plants as well as hydroponic plants and can be used by beginners as well as advanced growers with equal ease. There are two switches on the side, one to turn on the vegetative lighting and the other to turn on the flowering lighting, which you can adjust based on what phase of growth your plant is on.
There are two built-in fans and air vents all around this grow light, which helps you get the best possible heat dissipation. The grow light also comes with a hanging kit, along with sunglasses for protecting your eyes while you are using the light. The light weighs less than 5lbs and is well suited to be hung in a grow tent.
You get a total output equivalent to 1200W of old-school lighting while consuming only 165W from the power socket, which is a real plus point. Besides that, the lighting is full-spectrum and helps you power through all phases of growth. The grow light also promises you a three-year warranty period, and is one of the best and the most cost-effective options out there, and very well suited if you are just starting out.
- Inexpensive, priced at just over $100
- Saves a lot of electricity, can easily replace a 600W MH/HPS grow light
- 3-year warranty period
- Switches for easy control between VEG/BLOOM modes
- Well-suited for beginners
- Not a fanless design and hence fans can cause quite an irritating sound
14. SUNRAISE S-3000 LED Grow Light with Lenses Technology
- Dimension: 27.1 x 14.2 x 4.5 inches
- Wattage: Replaces a 1000W HPS grow light
- Spectrum: full-spectrum grow light
- Coverage Area: best suited for 5×5 and 6×6 grow tents
- Hang Height: 18 inches to 30 inches depending on the phase
- LEDs: 300 pieces of Zener Diodes
- Power Supply: 560W
- Warranty: 3 years
Sunraise is a lesser-known name in the markets when it comes to getting LED grow lights to grow marijuana plants indoors. However, believe us when we say this, this is one of the best options that you have out there, if you want a really high-tech grow light. This one makes use of triple-chip LED lights which provide a really bright lighting to your plants. There are three variants that you can get hold of and this is the most powerful of them all, the S-3000.
This grow light carries 300 pieces of 15W diodes, which can effectively replace an old-school HPS grow light of 1000W. All of this while consuming about 560W (±3%) from the power socket. The light can last you for around 50,000 hours (which is a little under 6 years). The best part is that you get a warranty period of 36 months, which means 50% of the promised lifespan is covered under warranty, which is a big plus.
Coming back once again to the point of ‘technology’ that we raised earlier, the lenses here have been designed in a special way, as these are not your regular reflective lenses, but optical lenses which allow you to increase the lighting output by almost 30% in terms of PAR values, which is great for the growth of your plants, allowing them to grow faster.
There are separate switches for the VEG and BLOOM mode, which is the one good part about the way this grow light has been designed. Other than these switches, the Sunraise S-3000 LED grow light doesn’t really impress when it comes to the overall build because it looks pretty ordinary. It’s a big bulky panel, just like thousands of other ones out there. However, the true power of this light is appreciated when you observe the technology behind it.
The grow light also comes with multiple fans that make quite a noise while you are operating the noise. There are eight vents directly above the fans, which allow the grow light to remain cool at all times. However, despite their best attempt, running the grow light for long hours in the summer season is bound to result in some heating up, so keep an eye out for that. Nonetheless, one of the better options when it comes to getting grow lights for growing marijuana plants indoors.
- Triple-Chip LED lights are very bright
- Makes use of optical lenses to increase and improve lighting output
- Separate VEG and BLOOM switches
- 3-year warranty
- Quite bulky
- Creates a lot of noise while operating
- Heats up a little in summer
15. VIVOSUN VS4000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301H Diodes
- Dimension: 27.2 x 26.7 x 5.3 inches
- Wattage: 400W
- Energy efficiency: 2.9 umol/J
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum
- Coverage Area: Maximum Coverage of 6 x 6 ft
- Hang Height: 18” for vegetative phase and 12” for the flowering phase
- LEDs: Samsung LM301H Diodes
- Power Supply: Consumes about 400W of power
- Warranty: 3-year after-sales service
Vivosun is another very popular name after that of Viparspectra. The company makes some of the best grow lights which come in different sizes and wattages. This specific grow light is the Vivosun VS4000, which is one of the hot favorites in the markets in 2022 and is expected to be a bestseller in 2022 as well, given that it covers quite a large area and consumes very little power versus the output it provides!
The Vivosun VS4000 makes use of Samsung LM301H diodes, and comes with a dimming knob and ballasts, which allow you to control the brightness of the grow lights from about 40% intensity to a full-100% intensity. This makes it a good product for different phases of the growth cycle. This is a full-spectrum grow light, which means it can cover your flowering as well as vegetative needs with ease.
The grow light consumes about 400W of power from the power socket and provides you with an output that is much larger in comparison. The company also touts the fact that these Samsung diodes are long-lasting and can provide you with over a lifespan of over 100,000 hours. This is also a water-resistant grow light, which makes it even safer to use.
The VS4000 comes out into the markets along with a proper hanging kit that makes it very easy for people to hang the light in their grow tents. You also get a pair of sunglasses that you can wear while working with the light to protect your eyes. The light emits only a mild amount of heat which makes it quite safe to use around plants, especially during the flowering phase. There are no fans on this grow light, which ensures that there is no noise as well.
You get a three-year after-sales service when you buy this grow light. With a lifespan of over 10 years, this is a good enough offering. The light covers a maximum possible area of 6×6 ft, but if you use a smaller (5×5) grow tent, you can get even better results.
- Does not cause a heat burn on plants
- The fanless operation creates minimal noise
- Dimmable lighting from 40% to 100%
- Good for a medium-sized (5×5 to 6×6) grow tent
- Water-resistant and very safe to use
- Does not specify the exact output wattage
- Some users have reported a smaller coverage than promised by Vivosun
16. Phlizon FD4000 Plant LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants
- Dimension: 29.65 x 22.13 x 7.48 inches
- Wattage: Can replace an HPS grow light up to 1500W
- Energy Efficiency: 2.9 µmol/J
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum
- Coverage Area: Up to 5×5 ft
- LEDs: 1728pcs SMD LED beads
- Power Supply: 450 W +/- 3%
- Warranty: 3 years local warranty in the US
While Phlizon isn’t as big a brand name as Vivosun or Viparspectra are, the company still manages to turn quite a few heads on the basis of its high-performing products. It is a silent player in the markets but one which is rising in popularity among the people who have been using it for a while now. This is the FD4000, an LED grow light from Phlizon which is known primarily for its energy efficiency.
Operating at a power input of about 450 Watts, the output that you get here is enough to replace a traditional HPS grow light up to 1500 Watts. This is a significant improvement and will save you a lot in terms of electricity bills. The grow light also provides a coverage of up to 5×5 ft during the flowering stage and a coverage of 6x6ft during the vegetative phase of growth.
This is one of the brightest grow lights you can find at this price point, as the FD4000 provides you with 1728pcs of SMD LEDs, which include 3000K, 6000K, 660nm red, and IR LEDs. You get full-spectrum lighting here which is great for your plants in their early life cycle during the growth phase, as well as the late flowering stage cycle where the plants have matured. This is one of the best grow lights for growing marijuana indoors.
Another benefit of this light for indoor growers is that it operates in a fanless manner and hence creates no noise at all. In 2022, all major grow lights operate in this way. There are 6 passive-cooled bars along with an aluminum heat-sink, which makes sure that all the heat is dissipated well.
There’s a three-year warranty period for the users based out of the US, and there’s also a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy, which is pretty good if you find the light to not suit your plants within the first month. These bulbs also offer a very good lifespan, of over 50,000 hours – which means they can easily last you for 5 to 6 years, out of which three years are covered under warranty. A strong recommendation if you are looking for a bright and reliable grow light!
- Lights operate at very cool temperatures thanks to heat sink and passive-cooled bars
- Supports daisy chaining, making it easy to connect lights to one another
- 50% of the lifespan covered by warranty
- Some users report that brightness tends to drop after a short while of usage
17. SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 LED Grow Light
- Dimension: 25.51″x 21.12“ x 2.32”
- Energy Efficiency: 2.7 uMols/J
- Spectrum: Full Spectrum
- Coverage Area: Vegetative coverage 6 x 6 ft, Flowering coverage 5 x 5 ft
- Hang Height: 22” during the vegetative phase, 12” during flowering
- LEDs: Samsung LM301B Diodes
- Power Supply: 450W
- Warranty: 3 years
Spider Farmer is a well-known name in the markets and offers the users with a high-performing grow light that operates with a very good energy efficiency. The SF-4000 LED grow light from Spider Farmer covers a large vegetative area of 6×6 ft and a flowering area of 5×5 ft, making it a really impressive choice for mid-scale indoor growers who plan on growing marijuana.
This is a full-spectrum LED grow light that offers white, blue, red, and IR lighting, making it suitable for use during the vegetative phase as well as the flowering phase of the plant’s growth cycle. The light is also quite an energy-efficient as it operates at 2.7 umol/J. Talking of energy efficiency, the amount of power that this grow light consumes is only 450W, giving you a straight-up advantage of 50% less consumption than an old-school HPS grow light would consume.
Samsung’s LM301B LED lights are used here to ensure that the grow light gets a very long life span. There’s another feature that is supported by this grow light from Spider Farmer is that of daisy-chaining, which allows you to connect one grow light to another and a third to the second one, creating a chain of interconnected grow lights operating out of a single power socket.
This, too, like the Vivosun and Viparspectra grow lights that we have seen above, functions on a fanless design. However, one need not worry about heat-related problems because there aren’t any! It uses an aluminum board which is quite sturdy as well as ensures that all the heat gets dissipated off the surface and doesn’t accumulate. Safety has been kept in mind as all the cables used here are very well-covered, and the light also provides you with a fair amount of waterproofing, reducing the risk of water-related damage.
All said and done, this product from Spider Farmer is one that growers must seriously consider if they intend to grow high-quality marijuana plants indoors. This is ideal for a 5×5 or a 6×6 grow tent-based setup.
- Very secure, cables covered properly, waterproof system
- Fanless operation is best suited for indoor growers
- Easy to hang, comes with the whole kit
- Full-spectrum dimmable lighting
- Long-lasting LEDs
- Some users complain that the dimmer stops functioning properly after a few years of usage
18. Carambola 3000W Led Grow Light – Sunlike Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- Dimension: 13.78 x 8.27 x 2.36 inches
- Wattage: 3400W
- Energy Efficiency: 1.80μmol/J
- Spectrum: Full-spectrum
- Coverage Area: 3×3 (flowering), 4×4 (vegetative)
- Hang Height: 16” (flowering), 20” (vegetative)
- LEDs: 576 SMD LEDs
- Power Supply: Approximately 320W
- Warranty: 2 years
Carambola is another of the lesser-known brands in the markets which punch way above their weight. The grow light costs just under $150 and is well suited for anyone who doesn’t want to spend too much but wants to get a good enough grow light. There are actually two variants here, this is the ‘sunlike’ full spectrum compared to the other one which is a traditional full-spectrum lighting. This one is better for your plants as it can emulate and recreate the natural light of the sun in a much better manner.
This is best suited to the needs of beginners who are growing their weed in grow tents ranging between 3×3 and 4×4 ft. You get a full-spectrum lighting experience here, which is great for your plants. There’s a flower-booster switch on the back which allows you to switch between the VEG and the BLOOM mode. In the regular mode, the kind of light that your plants get is very similar to a CMH grow light, while in the flowering phase, the kind of lighting that your plants get is similar to an HPS grow light, better suited for the flowering.
The grow light makes use of 576 SMD LEDs and there’s no lens cover on these LEDs to ensure that no light is lost. When hung from 20” during the vegetative phase of your plant’s growth cycle, you can cover an area of about 4×4 ft, while flowering requires you to lower it to 16” where you can get a 3×3 coverage.
Design-wise, you find nothing remotely impressive here as it is the classic box-like design, with even the switch placed on the back. There are fans located inside the boxed body, with vents on top and on the sides which allow the hot air to escape. Carambola does claim that these fans are ‘super quiet’, but we would recommend you to not get your hopes up as this is just a marketing gimmick. The fans are as loud or as quiet as any other grow light.
Setting up this light is also quite an easy task, as it comes with all the required tools and equipment with it. While the lifespan of this grow light is not specified, we assume that it would at least last you about 50,000 hours. There’s also a two-year warranty period that you get with this grow light.
- Not so expensive, priced under $150
- Extremely bright ‘sunlike’ spectrum of lights
- Well-suited for beginners
- Average build
- Noisy fans
19. BLOOM PLUS LED Grow Light BP 4000W
- Dimension: 23.62×20.2×2.42 inches
- Wattage: 4000W
- Energy Efficiency: 2.7 umol/J
- Spectrum: Full-spectrum
- Coverage Area: Veg Coverage: 6 x 6 ft, Flower: 5 x 5 ft.
- Hang Height: 18 to 24 inches – vegetative, 12 to 18 inches – flowering
- LEDs: 1292packs Samsung Diodes
- Power Supply: 400W
- Warranty: 3 years
Bloom Plus is a manufacturer of some of the best LED grow lights that you can find when it comes to growing cannabis plants indoors. The BP4000W is no different. This grow light comes out into the markets using some really high-tech components and is truly the light that you should choose in 2022. There are a number of advantages associated with buying the light and let us take a detailed look at some of them:
One of the biggest benefits that you get when you buy the BP 4000W grow light is that it operates at rather low temperatures and there’s no risk of overheating, and there’s no risk of your plants getting damaged as well. This is a fanless grow light, as all the heat dissipation is handled by the heat sinks on the back. This is great for indoor growers because lights with fans tend to make a rather loud and buzzing noise. These operate in complete silence.
The light makes use of 1292 pieces of LED grow lights – which gives quite a bright lighting to your plants. These LEDs are made by Samsung, which gives them instant credibility as well as guarantees you of a great performance. When you use this grow light, you get a full-spectrum lighting experience, which is pretty similar to what you would otherwise expect under the natural light of the sun. It ensures that your plants are growing and flowering on time.
The Bloom Plus BP4000W also offers you with a pretty large coverage area – giving you a maximum coverage of about 6×6 ft during the vegetative phase of growth, and about 5×5 ft during the flowering phase. This makes it an ideal grow light for grow tents up to 5×5 in size. In addition to all these things, there are IR lights included in this as well, which help give your flowers an extra boost during the flowering phase.
The amount of power that is consumed here is only 400W while the output that you get here is equivalent of an 800W HID light. You can get a yield as high as 2.5 grams per watt, which is pretty impressive by itself. There’s a dimmable driver on the back which allows you to adjust the brightness based on the needs of the plants. You get a three-year warranty period and a 30-day money-back guarantee when you use this grow light.
- Full-spectrum and bright lighting
- IR light helps flowers grow faster and bigger
- Fanless operation, does not create noise
- Runs at really cool temperatures
- Allows dimming the lights
- Some users have complained it is quite a task to hang it
20. MARS HYDRO TS 3000W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants
- Dimension: 25.28 x 22.8 x 2.72 inches
- Wattage: 3000W
- Energy Efficiency: Unspecified
- Spectrum: Full-spectrum
- Coverage Area: 4×4 during flowering, 5×5 during vegetative
- Hang Height: Veg at 18”, Flowering at 14”
- LEDs: 1016 high-quality LEDs
- Power Supply: 300W
- Warranty: 3 years
Over the years, Mars Hydro has made some of the best LED grow lights – and their grow lights are popular for offering a high-quality performance without being a burden to your pocket. This grow light is a little on the expensive side when you compare it to other offerings from the company, but it gives you a very good output – perhaps the best product that they have in the markets.
This is just the perfect grow light for someone looking forward to growing marijauna plants indoors in a 4×4 grow tent. The flowering coverage that you get here is 4×4 ft, while the vegetative coverage is a little larger as the light is hung at 18” during the phase – 5×5 ft. The lighting that you get from this grow light is a full-spectrum lighting, as close to the natural light of the sun as one can get. The light used here is suitable for your plants both, in the vegetative phase of growth, as well as the flowering phase. In order to make sure that the reach is large and that no light is lost, there are aluminum reflectors used alongside the main panel.
In the case of grow lights that do not use a full-spectrum lighting setup, the lights need to be changed from time to time (blue lights during the vegetative phase and red lights during the flowering phase). Here, however, you do not need to change the lighting. The lights here have been engineered in a way that they suit the needs of indoor growers. 1016 LEDs are used here to provide you with a bright and powerful lighting experience.
The TS3000W LED grow light from Mars Hydro functions on a fanless model and relies largely on heat sinks to dissipate the excess heat. However, while removing the fan eliminates all the noise associated with it, the light does get a little hot to touch – and while it does not burn your plants, there’s a chance that if this goes unchecked for too long, the light itself might suffer some damages.
Lastly, another great thing about the Mars Hydro TS3000W grow light is that it comes with a dimmer on the back, which makes it easy for the growers to adjust the lighting. This is something that used to be a luxury back in the day – but in 2022, this has become an essential for almost all grow lights. You also get a 3 year warranty period on this grow light, and the customer support from Mars Hydro is actually pretty good!
- Provides a very bright lighting solution
- Reflectors make sure no light is lost
- There is no fan on the grow light, ensuring noise-free operation
- Dimmer allows you to control the intensity of the light
- Full-spectrum lighting makes sure your plants get the right kind of light
- Tends to heat up quite a bit and an external clip-on fan is needed
21. FECiDA 2000W Dimmable LED Grow Light
- Dimension: 12.4 x 16.4 x 1.8 inches
- Wattage: 2000W
- Energy Efficiency: 2.2 μmol/J
- Spectrum: Full-spectrum grow light
- Coverage Area: 4×4 during the vegetative phase, 3×3 during flowering
- Hang Height: Undefined
- LEDs: 1188 pieces of high-quality LEDs
- Power Supply: 250W
- Warranty: 2 years
In a market that is dominated by established names, Fecida (stylized FECiDA) is a rather unknown entrant. However, this is totally a name to watch out for in 2022 as we believe this is going to be quite a disruptor of a brand. The company has already impressed us with this 2000W LED grow light, and as they introduce more such products into the markets, growers are going to become more accepting of the brand.
One of the first things that strike us about the FECiDA GL-CR1200 grow light is that it comes with 1188 pieces of LED lights packed rather close to each other. This gives it a very unique look but gives you a very bright lighting experience. Using this grow light is totally going to give your plants a major boost in the growth as the concentrated light is going to be pretty bright.
Another impressive thing here is that the grow light comes with a dimmable knob, which allows you to adjust the intensity of the lighting ranging all the way from 0 to 100. In addition to that, the manufacturers have made sure that you get a waterproof body as well. This is quite important because water damage is pretty common on many grow lights. The light also supports daisy-chaining, which allows you to plug one grow light onto another instead of plugging each of them individually to a power source.
The FECiDA GL-CR1200 grow light, unlike many other grow lights that we see in 2022, comes with two fans on the back. Straight up, this is something that polarizes the growers. However, it is good to see a new-age brand acknowledging the fact that sometimes you do need to make use of fans to ensure the device remains cool, despite fanless lights being the new trend. The cooling mechanism used here is quite powerful and helps the lights operate at low temperatures. The grow light is also quite easy to set up and install – even if you have never really done this on your own in the past.
Lastly, the grow light doesn’t really cost too much and is generally one that is preferred by people who don’t want to invest too heavily into their setup but want to make use of a good quality grow light. You get a two-year warranty on this grow light. We have high hopes from FECiDA going into 2022, it will be interesting to see the kind of products the brand introduces over the year.
- Very bright and concentrated lighting
- Does not cost too much
- Comes with a dimmer
- Fans help keep the running temperature of the grow light really low
- Full-spectrum lighting
- Lesser-known brand
22. VIPARSPECTRA XS4000 LED Grow Light
- Dimension: 40 x 12 x 3 inches
- Wattage: 4000W
- Energy Efficiency: Unspecified
- Spectrum: Full-spectrum lighting
- Coverage Area: 5×4 vegetative coverage, 5×3 flowering
- Hang Height: 28” during veg. phase and 24” during the bloom phase
- LEDs: 1152 pieces of Samsung LM301B diodes
- Power Supply: 480W
- Warranty: 3 years
Viparspectra ranks in the top echelons of the world of grow lights. This is a company which has been around for a long time, and holds a commanding position in the grow light markets. The XS4000 is one of their latest grow lights, and one that gives you a very bright as well as effective lighting solution, making use of some of the most high-quality components in the markets.
To begin with, the grow light makes use of a full-spectrum lighting setup, featuring 3000K warm white, 5000K white, 660nm deep red, and 730nm IR light. The presence of IR light ensures that your flowers get an extra push during the blooming phase. This also makes sure that your yield per square foot remains high. Having full-spectrum lighting is always an advantage as that ensures your plants are getting a near-natural light.
When hung from a height of about 28 inches, the XS4000 covers an area of about 5×4 ft, which is great for plants during the vegetative phase of growth. During the flowering phase, when you lower the grow light to about 24 inches, it covers an area of about 5×3 ft. All in all, this is a great grow light for a grow tent anywhere between 4×4 to 5×5 ft. Viparspectra XS4000 uses 1152 pieces of Samsung LM301B diodes, along with a MeanWell driver, which ensures a strong lighting performance, and is great on the dimmability front too. Since we are talking of that, the grow light is actually quite dimmable and allows you to adjust its brightness using a knob, ranging from 5% to 100%.
Another thing that you need to know about the XS4000 from Viparspectra is that this is a finaless grow light! This gives quite a bit of relief to those growers who have lost countless hours of sleep due to the constant drone of the fans that tends to get quite loud at night. The grow light uses heat dissipation mechanisms such as heat vents to ensure low operating temperatures.
This grow light can easily replace a 1200W HID light, while consuming only 480W. It also provides up to 50% higher yield than these old-school lights and also consumes way less electricity. Lastly, one more advantage that you get here is that there is a 3-year warranty period, and the customer support that you get from Viparspectra is rather excellent!
- Bright lighting, well suited for tents up to 5×5 ft
- High quality driver that supports dimming the lights
- Fanless operation ensures no disturbing noise
- Easy to set up and hang
- 3-year warranty with great customer support
Other Types of Grow Lights for Indoor Garden that you can consider
So, till now, we have only talked about SMD (Surface Mounted Diodes) Grow Lights for your indoor grow. But apart from SMD lights, there is also one popular alternative available in the market, i.e., COB (Chip on Board) LED light.
As the name suggests, COB Grow Light is the type of LED light where the multiple LED chips are mounted onto a substrate in close proximity to form a single module. As the numerous chips are packed together in a compact size to build a single module, COB lights are incredibly dense and powerful light sources for plants.
COB Grow Light vs. SMD LED Lights- Which one is better?
Many times, people get confused to pick between the COB grow light and SMD light. While the COB light is the type of LED packaging where multiple LEDs are packed in a dense way to form a single module, SMD lights are mounted individually to a surface and thus function as a single point of Light.
COB light has both advantages and disadvantages over SMD lights due to its dense and compact design, which you must consider before making your decision.
Advantages of COB light over SMD lights
- Improved Light Density: Since COB light allows you to incorporate multiple LEDs together on a single substrate, the light density a COB light provides is much denser and uniform than SMD light, consisting of fewer LEDs.
- Deep Canopy Penetration: Due to its compact design, COB light provides more focussed light and deep canopy penetration than SMD lights that generally disperse the light over a large coverage area.
- More Energy Efficient: COB lights produce less heat because it contains minimal components to disperse light. As a result, it gives you more power per input with low heat dissipation than SMD lights.
- Better Light Spread: When COB lights are evenly mounted on a large fixture, it provides more even and spread light coverage than SMD lights that are generally fixed on the small fixture to spread out from the center.
Despite having several advantages over SMD grow lights, COB lights still have some disadvantages that you should consider and pick the right LED grow light for your indoor space.
Disadvantages of COB Light over SMD lights:
1) Limited Colour Spectrum: Colour spectrum is a crucial aspect to consider while buying the grow lights for your indoor grow as it is responsible for the plant’s growth by contributing to the photosynthesis process. While most SMD lights have a full spectrum including White, RED, Blue, UV, and IR light wavelengths, COB light generally can have only limited color LEDs (white or red, or blue). If you pick a light made up of mostly red or blue color, it won’t work for you. Primarily the white ones COB lights work efficiently for indoor grow plants.
2) Performance will be impacted if one or more LEDs fail: Since COB light has multiple LEDs packed together in a single compact design, the failure of one or more LEDs will result in the loss of a large portion of light. While on the other hand, if one diode gets failed in SMD light, the performance will not be affected much.
You can consider COB lights for Cannabis cultivation due to their deep canopy penetration, more efficient performance, and more extended durability than SMD lights. Here are some of the best COB light suggestions available in the market you can consider for your indoor space.
Best COB LED Lights for your Indoor Garden
1. CREE CXB3590 COB LED– Industry’s Best Full Spectrum Grow Light
- Dimension: 200 x 200 x 90mm
- Wattage: 100 Watt
- Energy-Efficiency: 2876umol @ 8inch, 1378umol @12inch and 497umol @18inch
- Spectrum: Full spectrum with wavelength 380nm~780nm
- Coverage Area: 4 x 4 ft (veg) / 3 x 3 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 0.3-0.6m (for flowering), 0.6-0.9m (vegetation)
- LEDs: 1Pc of 100W Sunlike 3500K white COB LED
- Power Supply: 120Vac/240VAC
- Warranty: 3 year
CREE CXB3590 is the most reliable COB light to opt for indoor hydroponic greenhouse plants due to its high efficiency and performance. The light consumes only about 100W to produce excellent PAR output, about 2876umol @ 8inch, 1378umol @12inch and 497umol @18inch, which makes this light highly suitable for all growth stages from seedlings to vegetation. This COB light can easily outperform the HPS 400 watts & fake 1200W Blurple grow lamp with its high efficiency.
We really liked its Full-Spectrum Build-Quality & coverage. This COB light has sunlight 3500K white COB to produce a full-spectrum covering 380nm~780nm, much like natural sunlight, and helps plants grow better in various stages.
Another great thing about this cob light is its dimmable Meanwell driver, which lets you adjust the light intensity as per your plant growth stage. Also, the light uses a high-quality 90-degree reflective lens to prevent light wastage and provide a 40% higher yield with the same power.
The best thing about CREE COB light is it produces excellent efficiency and cover great coverage area like 4 x 4 ft (vegetation), 5 x 5 ft (seedlings) and 3 x 3 ft (flowering), just by consuming only 100 watts and thus produce very minimal heat.
To avoid heat dissipation, the light is also equipped with a large heat sink without any cooling fan, making it noise-free and workable under low temperatures like 60C°. With so many features, this COB light is a great option for your indoor grow with 2 years of warranty.
- Uses less power like 400W to give output same like 800W LED light
- Dimmable Light Feature
- Daisy Chain Option
- A bit heavy
2. Phlizon CREE Cob Series 2000W LED– Extremely Bright & High-Performance Grow Light
- Dimension: 12.2 x 3.15 x 21.6″
- Wattage: 400 Watt
- Energy-Efficiency: 2161.4 umol/m²s
- Spectrum: Full spectrum containing 4pcs COB, 68pcs 630-660nm, 10pcs 470nm, 6pcs 6500k, 4pcs 3000K, 4pcs UV, 4pcs IR
- Coverage Area: 4 x 4 ft (veg) / 3 x 3 ft (flower)
- Hang Height: 3.9 x 3.9 ft (for flowering & vegetation), 4.1 x 4.1 ft (seedling)
- LEDs: Cree COB LEDs
- Power Supply: 100-265V
- Warranty: 2 year
If you are looking for the best readymade COB light with high density and excellent canopy penetration for your indoor garden, we will recommend you one of the most trusted COB light- the Phlizon CREE cob series. The first reason to choose this light is CREE COB LEDs, known for their high performance and dense light intensity (responsible for deep canopy penetration).
The light has extremely high PPFD, like 941 umol/m²s when hang on 18″ from the plants, using 400 watts of power only. Another thing we liked most about this light is its unique integrated design bead to form the full spectrum. It has lights of all wavelengths to ensure that your plant gets all the light cover in full-spectrum for their various growth stages.
At the hang height of 24″, the light gives you an excellent coverage area, i.e., 4 x4 ft. for both veg and bloom stages. This makes it more energy-efficient than HPS HID and MH. It is currently the best Budget COB grow light you can consider for your indoor space with 2 years of manufacturer warranty.
- Massive Coverage Area
- Cost-Effective & Durable
- Effective Modular Design
- Easy-to-replace modules
- Well-placed Cree Cob Lights
- Less Heat Emission
- It doesn’t have remote control
- Not waterproof
Other Grow Kit Accessories You Need for Your Indoor Space
1. Hygrometers and Thermometers
To keep proper track of the ambient conditions inside of your grow tent, you will require an excellent quality Hygrometer and Thermometer. The hygrometer measures the humidity level or amount of water vapor in the air to determine the best conditions for your grow light and plant growth. Some of the best hygrometers available in the market are:
- ThermoPro TP53 Hygrometer
- AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Thermometer
- Cigar Oasis Analog Hygrometer
- AcuRite 02083M Home Temperature & Humidity Station
If you think that what could be the need for Sunglasses in indoor space? The answer is that harmful UV rays emit from Full-Spectrum Grow lights can severely damage your eyesight. So to protect your eyes from bright and intense light rays, it is better to wear sunglasses during your indoor cultivation.
3. Grow Tent
A grow tent is an excellent option to consider for your indoor space to protect your plants from external humidity and other climate conditions. Especially if you are cultivating Marijuana, you might need some dark atmosphere for your plant growth, and grow tent is ideal for it. Also, it protects your plants from stray light sources.
LED Grow Lights with Fan vs Fanless LED Grow Lights: How to Keep Things Cool
When it comes to LED Grow lights in 2022 – you’ll find pretty much an equal split between lights that come with a fan and lights that operate on a fanless design. In the past, it was considered that lights that don’t have a fan tend to heat up a lot – but over time, this has improved, thanks partly due to the low-heat emitting LED lights, and partly due to better heat sinks placed on these lights. The big question among growers, however, still remains whether they should get lights that carry a fan.
Let us consider the example of grow lights that come with a fan. The first and most obvious benefit of this is that these lights help push out all the heat and keep the operating temperatures really low. However, this is where the benefits end. These grow lights, over the years, have proven to be rather annoying due to the sound that they generate. This could still be quite tolerable in a very small-scale setup where you have one or two such lights. However, if you are growing in a larger scale where dozens of these lights are used, the sound is quite loud, and won’t let you sleep in most cases!
Other than the sound, the other major problem that these fans create in a grow light is that they increase the bulk of the light. Older LED grow lights are rather bulky and heavy in terms of the weight as well because of these fans. Most grow lights carry multiple fans inside them, which adds on to the weight. Once you remove the fans, not only do you reduce the weight, but you also get the scope to reduce the height of the light, making them look slimmer and more appealing.
When buying a grow light in 2022, you need to take care of the fact that you are buying grow lights that come with LEDs that emit as little heat as possible. Most of the grow lights that use Samsung’s latest LM series of LED lights emit very little heat – and even that is easily dissipated using the heat vents on the back. These heat vents ensure that there is no heat that remains trapped in the body of the grow light, which might damage the circuits and cause the light to malfunction.
In some cases, however, it is not possible to avoid using grow lights that come with built-in fans. This is in places where summers are extremely hot and the weather tends to be rather unforgiving. Here, even your best fanless grow lights will get a little hot, not because of a high operating temperature but because of the external weather conditions. In some rare cases, you might even have to take help of external cooling devices like a clip-on fan or an air conditioner.
Clip-on fans are actually a good way to keep things cool as they can create an artificial breeze inside your grow tent. Not only does it help dissipate hot air, it also helps create a gentle breeze that causes the stems to sway a little and helps them get stronger and firmer. These fans are also beneficial for another major reason – they help you get the pests off your plants. There are some small insects, bugs, and pests which tend to stick to the leaves and stems and hide in places where they can avoid any repellents. Having a gentle breeze inside the grow tent can help you give them an extra push to get them off your plants.\
Air conditioners are another good option for some growers, especially if they are growing in a very large-scale setup. Then the additional cost of electricity will be divided among all plants and the overall overheads will actually reduce. Some growers prefer making use of mini air conditioners or mini air coolers to help them with this when growing in a small-scale setup.
When you are providing an extra dose of airflow, always make sure that you have enough air vents in your grow tent. If you are using a grow room, you might want to keep your window slightly open so that the air is able to flow in and out naturally and isn’t trapped inside the room. This makes sure that your plants are getting fresh air. However, that allows for the smell to escape, so you might want to add on a carbon filter as well.
Summing up, fanless grow lights are a great option for most growers who are growing their marijuana plants in conditions which aren’t too extreme. However, in places where temperatures tend to cross 40C or 104F, we recommend making use of grow lights that come with fans. If possible, provide additional cooling devices such as clip-on fans, mini air conditioners, or air coolers for a better and enhanced cooling effect.
How to Maintain Your Grow Light for Long-Term Usage
When you are growing marijuana plants, grow lights are one of the most critical elements of your entire indoor setup. They play an important role because the light that comes from them acts as a replacement to the natural light of the sun. However, this light, unlike the natural sunlight, can be controlled and manipulated based on your needs. This is why it is essential for you to make sure that your grow light remains in top condition and lasts you for a long time. Having a good performing grow light gives you a direct benefit when growing weed.
Here are some tips that you can follow to ensure that your grow light remains well-maintained for a long-term period.
- Avoid Excessive Daisy Chaining
One of the biggest mistakes that people often tend to make while using grow lights is that they go overboard with daisy chaining, especially when using them in a larger setup. Generally speaking, it is not advised to daisy chain more than 3 grow lights together. For the fourth one, we recommend using a separate, dedicated, plug point instead of having it connected to the other three lights. Sometimes, daisy-chaining can cause an overload on the power source and can even lead to short circuits or fire-related damage, which are dangerous situations!
- Ensure Proper Temperatures
Another thing that needs to be kept in mind is the temperature of the area that you are growing in. If you are growing in a hot place, we recommend you to make use of grow lights that emit very little heat (check out some 2022-build fanless LED grow lights for that). Besides the lights heating up, make sure you are using sufficient cooling mechanisms to keep the grow area cool because heat can often damage the lights and cause the circuits to melt – a damage that can take a long time to fix. If not treated in time, this can even result in damaging your plants as heat is bad for your plants as well. We recommend using air conditioning to ensure lower temperatures.
- Keep Them Protected From Water
Just like you would with any other electronic item, make sure that your grow lights remain protected from water too. Water and electric devices don’t go together and water can be extremely damaging to them. Given that plants need a lot of water to grow, and nutrients are also provided to marijuana plants along with the water, you will need to be extra careful that you don’t accidentally spill over any water on them. You can find a number of waterproof grow lights in the markets, which are considerably safer to use vs regular grow lights that don’t have any such security measure.
- Keep Them Away From Dust
Dust is often the biggest enemy of most electronic items. The problem that dust causes is that it does not allow the heat to escape and can often damage (the often delicate) internal mechanics of the grow light. Dust traps heat inside the light and heat leads to a damage in the circuits. To ensure that your grow lights are remaining safe from dust, try cleaning them up with a brush from time to time, or just make sure you are using them in a dust-free environment. This is usually something that isn’t that big of a problem when you use grow tents, but if you are using lights outdoors, or in a grow room with open ventilation, you might have to watch out for dust. Make sure you’re cleaning your lights from time to time to avoid any dust-related damage.
- Don’t Move Them Around Too Much
Grow lights, especially the modern-day panel-based variants, aren’t the most durable ones. You have to move them around very carefully to ensure that they do not bump into something or accidentally fall down. This is a general practice that applies to pretty much any piece of electronic item that you are working with, try not to bang it around too hard and it will work just fine.
- Set UpSurge Protection
A fluctuating electric current can also damage grow lights, just like it does to most other electronic items. A surge in the voltage can lead to circuits being fried out which will lead to the grow light malfunctioning. Sometimes these surges can even cause fire-related accidents which you might want to keep an eye out for. Make sure you are taking sufficient measures to enforce a good quality surge protection while using grow lights.
- Make Sure You Hang Them Correctly
Grow lights, when used inside a grow tent, are hung from the top. Depending on the different phases of growth, you might need to raise them or lower them too. This is something that has to be done in a very precise and careful manner. If you don’t hang your lights correctly, the first impact will be on the plants that you are growing as some portions will have light come to them from a closer distance while others will have it come from farther away. The bigger threat is that a poorly balanced light can topple over and fall any day – and can get damaged due to the impact of the fall. Hence, make sure you’re hanging your grow lights in the right way.
- Service Them Every Few Seasons
Try and get your grow lights serviced every few seasons. We’d recommend using the light for two growth cycles, and then sending it over to the technicians/company experts who can clean it up, tighten up things, and ensure that it is working as intended.
- Dim Only When Need Be
Dimming the light too much, especially if you are using older models, can cause the ballasts to go bust. Hence, make sure you are dimming the lights based only on your need and you aren’t doing it very frequently. Dimming is great to provide the plants a natural lighting environment, but make sure you are doing it gradually and not in a way that is too frequent as it might have an adverse effect on the ballast, which is generally considered a very delicate part of the grow light.
Do note that these are only some tips and recommendations that we find are the best way to ensure that your grow light lasts long. This is not a definitive list and there are some external factors that can still cause things to go wrong. However, these are among some of the best practices that make sure your light continues to perform well. Do let us know if you’ve got any tips or practices that ensure that your grow lights last long and we will make sure to have them included in this list.
Best LED Grow Lights Buying Guide- Things to take care of while buying the right light.
Before buying the suitable LED grow light for your indoor garden, you must consider the following factors to get the ideal one:
1. Spectrum Type:
As we have mentioned above, different wavelengths of lights are responsible for the various growth stages of the plant. Depending upon the type of harvest you want to cultivate in your indoor garden, you should opt for specific grow light with a suitable wavelength.
Suppose you have multiple plants at different growth stages. In that case, it is advisable to go for an adjustable LED grow light that can tune to different wavelengths depending upon the plant requirement. So, always check the light spectrum and its wavelength range before buying the one for your plants.
2. Heat Output:
It is a crucial factor to consider while buying the top LED grow light for your indoor garden. Grow lights are generally mounted close to the plants, and thus, these LEDs mustn’t produce overheat as they can damage the plant’s growth.
LED with heat sinks or cooling fans are suitable for vertical gardens or indoor plants as they have no adverse effects on plants and can be placed even closer to them. An ideal Grow light must produce low heat to be the last longer, and you don’t have to replace it soon.
3. Grow Space Size vs. Light Coverage Area:
Depending upon the grow space size, you decide how many lights of how many watts will be sufficient enough for various plants’ growth. First, you should determine the size of the garden and then consider the area each light needs to illuminate.
Different plants require different voltage for their proper growth. For example, if you want to grow tomatoes, 32 watts of LED light per square foot will be suitable for it. But if you’re going to produce light harvests like Lettuce or anything, 11-18 watt per square foot is sufficient for that.
The efficiency of the Grow Lights is one of the critical aspects you must check. An ideal grow light must be operated at a high level to produce high energy with a low maintenance cost.
So, before jumping to the suggestions of the best LED grow lights, you must consider all these aspects, make your calculation and then choose which one is ideal for you according to your requirements.
5. Real Wattage vs. Theoretical Wattage
Most of the LED lights have two wattages: Real Wattage and Theoretical Wattage displayed on their packaging. Theoretical Wattage is the potential wattage on which an LED light could run when LED chips run at full power. For example, A 1000W LED light can have theoretical wattage of around 600Watt. But LED lights never run on full power as it will shorten their life.
So, LED lights always run at 50-60% of their theoretical wattage, known as their real wattage. It is the amount of light LEDs actually consume to perform. So, a 1000W LED light generally has real wattage of around 300-400 Watt, and you must consider both these wattages before buying a grow light.
6. Cooling System
Large LED lights emit more heat while providing intense light to your plants for their growth, and thus they must be equipped with a proper heat sinking system and cooling fans for heat dissipation.
In the absence of both these things, the life span of LED light will shorten, and performance will decline. Also, the overheating won’t be good for your plants as well. So always give attention to the cooling system of LED grow light before buying one.
1. How long should LED grow lights be on?
The duration of keeping Grow lights on vary according to your crop type and its growth stage. But as a general thumb of rule, you should not keep LED lights ON for more than 12-16 hours if your plants are at the flowering stage. The reason behind it is that darkness is also essential for the plant’s growth, and thus, every plant must get the darkness for about eight hours for its proper growth.
2. How much light do plants need?
Different types of plants require different levels of light to grow. For example, shady plants require a low level of light, while veggy and other flowering plants require a high level of light to grow. For high light level plants, 800-1000 uMols is a considerable range for the flowering and vegetation stage. For low-light-level plants, 400-500 uMols will work fine.
3. How safe is Grow LED lights to use for indoor grow?
Grow LED Lights are safe for plants if you are buying certified ones. Always check for the certifications and warranty while buying the Grow light for your indoor space to avoid any damage to your crops or tent space. An ideal grow LED light must be CSA, or UL certified. Also, take care of a few things while using the grow light to avoid any damage:
- There must not be any humidity or moisture around your LED light to prevent damage.
- Never overload the circuit as it will shorten your light lifespan and decline its performance.
- Use eye protection like sunglasses while operating LED lights to avoid harmful UV rays.
4. Which are the best LED Grow lights to consider Under $200?
Many great LED grow lights are available online to choose from, depending upon your budget and requirements. Here are some best LED grow lights under $200 you should consider:
- BESTVA 1000W Full Spectrum LED light
- Spider Farmer SF-1000 LED
- King Plus 1000W Dual Chip Light
- Mars Hydro SF-150W Light
We have reviewed some best LED lights for indoor grow in our above article, which you can consider according to your grow space and other requirements.
5. How much power does a grow light consume?
There is no definite answer to that as it depends on the grow light you are using. If you have a powerful grow light, then it consumes a lot of electricity. The total power consumed by your grow light can be calculated based on the wattage of the light and the number of hours it is on.
6. What is the ideal spot to install grow lights?
You should place your grow lights directly over your plants to mimic natural sunlight. The general rule states that incandescent light bulbs should be about 24 inches over your plants. On the other hand, LED and fluorescent lights have can be placed 6 and 12 inches over plants respectively. That’s because they have a lower heat signature.
7. Can I use LED grow lights outdoors?
While LED grow lights are more effective indoors, you can actually make use of them outdoors too in some cases. This is particularly done when you want to extend the daylight hours. Outdoor LED grow lights can also be used when you want them for a specific purpose such as boosting flower growth during the flowering phase. Some people (especially those who grow large-scale) prefer to use LED grow lights to provide lighting to the lower portions of the plants which might not have as good an access to natural sunlight because of the dense foliage on top.
8. Where to buy the best LED grow lights from?
The best place to buy LED grow lights is a web store such as Amazon. However, you can also buy these grow lights directly from the manufacturer’s web store. Many companies such as Bestva provide you direct access to shop online. In addition to that, you can always walk into your local gardening stores and purchase these lights. However, Amazon remains the best platform for buying LED grow lights because you get fast deliveries, easy returns, and often big discounts as well!
9. How many grow lights can you daisy chain to each other?
While you can theoretically loop in an infinite amount of lights to each other, in practice you should never go beyond connecting more than three to each other. This is generally done to avoid electric mishaps and short circuits. Most manufacturers will let you know on the packaging as to how many devices you can chain to it, but in case it doesn’t, don’t go beyond 3.
10. Are fanless LED grow lights safe to use?
A large number of lights coming out in 2022 and beyond are fanless these days. Gone are the days of the bulky fan-filled grow lights. These new-age grow lights make use of large heat sinks which ensure that all the heat gets dissipated via these openings. However, a large number of growers actually prefer using fanless LED grow lights because they operate at cooler temperatures and they do not create that loud drone and a buzz which is generally associated with the noise of the fan.
11. What kind of light is good for plants at an early stage?
When your plants are in an early stage of growth (seedlings, plantlings, etc), you need to provide them with lights on the bluer end of the spectrum. These lights need to be switched on for longer hours and need to be placed closer to the plants. Plants at this phase need up to 22 hours of lighting. However, as plants mature and enter the flowering and pre-flowering phase, you’ll need to provide them with lights towards the redder end of the spectrum.
Grow LED lights can be highly beneficial for your indoor grow if you buy the right one after examining the various aspects like coverage area, efficiency, PAR value, heat emission, etc. We hope that our detailed buying guide on LED Grow lights will help you choose the best LED light for commercial spaces and small rooms.
All the links we have mentioned in this article are genuine and authentic. We have included the top suggestions in this article as per the latest market availability, and we will be updating our list of the top LED grow lights time-to-time for you guys. Stay tuned with us for more gadget suggestions and updates. Happy gardening!
A rotating team of writers and editors dedicated to providing reliable information for the readers of American Promise. We’re all passionate about cannabis and actively engaged in this “budding” industry.
- 1 Our Top 5: Expert Picks
- 2 What is an LED Grow Light?
- 3 How do LED Grow Lights Work?
- 4 Why Choose Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights?
- 5 What Are PAR Values?
- 6 What is PPFD Value and its significance?
- 7 What are the Benefits of Using LED Grow Lights?
- 8 List of Best Led Grow Lights 2022 – Specifications, Review, Price
- 8.1 1. HLG 650R LED Grow Light– Best Energy Efficient Grow Light
- 8.2 2. VIPARSPECTRA P2000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- 8.3 3. BESTVA DC Series 3000W LED– Best Blurple Grow Light for 8*8 tent
- 8.4 4. Spider Farmer SF-1000 Grow LED Light– Best Budget Light
- 8.5 5. BESTVA BAT W600 Dimmable LED Grow Light – Best Grow Light for a 5×5 Grow Tent
- 8.6 6. Gavita Pro 1700E LED – Most Durable Commercial Grow Light
- 8.7 7. Mars Hydro TS 1000W LED– Best Budget Grow Light
- 8.8 8. Advanced Platinum P300 series– Premium Quality Grow LED Light
- 8.9 9. King Plus New Model 1000w LED– Best Grow Light for 4’x4′ grow tent
- 8.10 10. MAXSISUN PB 1000 LED– Reliable Grow Light for Cannabis
- 8.11 11. Phlizon Dimmable 600W LED Light– Affordable & Efficient Grow Light
- 8.12 12. Black dog Phytomax-2 1000 LED– Most Powerful Grow Light
- 8.13 13. KingLED Newest 1200w LED Grow Lights
- 8.14 14. SUNRAISE S-3000 LED Grow Light with Lenses Technology
- 8.15 15. VIVOSUN VS4000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301H Diodes
- 8.16 16. Phlizon FD4000 Plant LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants
- 8.17 17. SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 LED Grow Light
- 8.18 18. Carambola 3000W Led Grow Light – Sunlike Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- 8.19 19. BLOOM PLUS LED Grow Light BP 4000W
- 8.20 20. MARS HYDRO TS 3000W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants
- 8.21 21. FECiDA 2000W Dimmable LED Grow Light
- 8.22 22. VIPARSPECTRA XS4000 LED Grow Light
- 9 Other Types of Grow Lights for Indoor Garden that you can consider
- 10 COB Grow Light vs. SMD LED Lights- Which one is better?
- 11 Best COB LED Lights for your Indoor Garden
- 12 Other Grow Kit Accessories You Need for Your Indoor Space
- 13 LED Grow Lights with Fan vs Fanless LED Grow Lights: How to Keep Things Cool
- 14 How to Maintain Your Grow Light for Long-Term Usage
- 15 Best LED Grow Lights Buying Guide- Things to take care of while buying the right light.
- 16 FAQs
- 16.1 1. How long should LED grow lights be on?
- 16.2 2. How much light do plants need?
- 16.3 3. How safe is Grow LED lights to use for indoor grow?
- 16.4 4. Which are the best LED Grow lights to consider Under $200?
- 16.5 5. How much power does a grow light consume?
- 16.6 6. What is the ideal spot to install grow lights?
- 16.7 7. Can I use LED grow lights outdoors?
- 16.8 8. Where to buy the best LED grow lights from?
- 16.9 9. How many grow lights can you daisy chain to each other?
- 16.10 10. Are fanless LED grow lights safe to use?
- 16.11 11. What kind of light is good for plants at an early stage?
- 17 Conclusion