Low-Stress Training is one of the procedures involved in the irrigation process. It is a process by which plants are trained to grow differently. This process has been in practice for ages and it is practiced on different types of plants, but mostly it is practiced on Cannabis plants. It is a way of training the cannabis plants to grow in a certain, specified way for better production. It is not at all a harsh process, but a very gentle process of bending the stems of the cannabis plants for better yields. We all know that plants require sunlight for the production of energy.
It is a very gentle method by which the branches of the cannabis plants are bent in a certain way to promote better yielding. Thus, it also helps in better penetration of sunlight which in turn improves the overall health of the cannabis plants. LST is one of the easiest methods of plant training techniques. It can be practiced for almost all kinds of plants. Well, if you wish to know more about it then, continue reading further.
How can low-stress training be advantageous for cultivating cannabis?
For getting a higher yield from your cannabis plant, you can use this method. You have to train the plant initially when it is very young. The colas will show a proper growth to similar height and of all of them reach the same size as well as volume, there can be resources like light. This method also causes a reduction in the flexibility of the plant when it shifts from the vegetative period to the flowering period. Also, outdoor plants can be changed to monsters by this process, generating moderately sizes harvests in comparison to other techniques.
There are many other advantages of implementing low-stress training in cannabis plants and some of them are enlisted below:
- To begin with, LST is one of the easiest methods of plant training technique. It leads to better growth of plants and it also helps in better yielding of plants.
- Low-Stress Training is one of the best methods of controlling pests in plants. Thereby, it also minimizes the cost required for investing in pesticides and insecticides. It helps in the better and fuller growth of plants without any side effects. Unlike other plant training techniques, LST does not cause much straining to plants.
- In addition, Low-Stress Training can be implemented by everyone at any point in time. It also helps in better absorption of sunlight, thus leading to better output. Generally, untrained plants tend to get less sunlight thereby resulting in a bad production of buds and the plants may end up looking unpleasant.
- Furthermore, Low-Stress Training also minimizes the space taken up by individual branches. Untrained plants require more space to grow, thereby leading to restricted output.
The benefits of Low-Stress Training are uncountable since it is budget-friendly, more economic, and can be implemented by almost everyone. If you are wondering how to go about it then, keep on reading the post further.
What do you need for LST?
LST is one of the most budget-friendly techniques that can be implemented by anyone and everyone. There are certain requirements for the low-stress training process of plants. The requirements are discussed below:
- Garden wires: The most inevitable thing which is required to start Low-Stress Training is gentle plant ties or gentle garden wires. This stuff should not be harsh on the plants.
- Cutting instruments: In addition, standard quality cutting instruments are required for this method. A tree pruner is also required in most cases.
- Paper puncher: It is required for better growth of the cannabis plants along with a sharp-edged knife. This will facilitate better growth.
- Root stake: It is also required for the bending process of branches to facilitate better absorption of sunlight.
- Clips: Very vital equipment which is required is certain clips which are used for training plants. This will in turn help in better growth at later stages and will also facilitate better yields.
- Sticky tape: In conclusion, a durable, cohesive, or sticky tape is required to avoid unpleasant circumstances or certain unpleasant events.
These are quite a few things required to start the Low-Stress Training technique in the case of cannabis plants. Let us proceed further to know other detail of the process.
What is the suitable time to start the LST process for cannabis?
Low-stress training can be done at any point in time depending on the quality of the plant. There is no specific age to start the process. However, it is recommended that the training process should be started as soon as leaves start growing from the plant. This method should be implemented as it is extremely beneficial and will lead to better growth and better quality of buds. It is recommended to start the process in the initial phase of the plant as it can be beneficial in the long run.
However, certain points should be kept in mind thoroughly. Over-stressing can damage the quality of the plant and can have dreadful consequences. An adequate amount of water should be provided to the plants for better results. However, overwatering can lead to serious damage and can ruin the entire training process. These are some of the few points that should be kept in mind before starting the LST’ing process.
LST is a fantastic process of training not only Cannabis plants but certain other types of plants. It is one of the easiest processes involved in training plants. This process comes with multiple benefits as well. It is not time-consuming, neither it is expensive, and also does not require a lot of equipment. A few pieces of equipment can get the job done satisfactorily. This method also does not require a lot of hard work.
What it requires is a little bit of patience and acceptance. This training process can be carried out by anyone and everyone since it is one of the best methods to train plants. Unlike other training processes, this process is not at all harsh on the beautiful and delicate plants. We need to maintain the beauty of nature and nature should never be treated harshly.
What are the steps involved in the LST process?
LST is a fantastic process of training not only Cannabis plants but certain other types of plants. A few steps that should be followed to complete the LST process have been enlisted below for your reference. Go through them to get clarity.
The pots used for planting should be chosen very carefully since they play a vital role in the process. Wooden pots are not recommended; rather fabric planters or pots should be used for better growth of the plants. This will enhance of quality of the roots and will let the roots grow freely.
This will in turn help the cannabis plants to breathe freely leading to better growth and better output. This will prevent the entangling of the plant roots. Moreover, before planting the seeds of the cannabis plants it would be highly beneficial to make holes on the outside of the pots. This will in turn help in facilitating equal distribution of the plant.
- Tie-down the roots
The next important step is to tie down the roots and the seedlings in an appropriate manner. The roots and the seedlings should be tied down in the same direction in which you want your plant to grow.
The use of equipment such as roots stakes should be implemented during this process. If root stakes are not available then the holes of the pot can be made use of. A garden wire should also be used during the process.
- Tie down the branches
The tying process should be continued for a certain amount of time for getting adequate results. Meanwhile, if the branches of the plant grow long enough, the same process should be repeated once again. The holes on the side of the pot can be used to tie the branches in the downward direction.
- Cut off the middle leaves
If the branches have grown longer then the part of the plant which is not receiving enough sunlight should be separated from it for better absorption of sunlight. However, if this is not possible then this step can be skipped and you can let the flowers bloom in any way. But, it is recommended to cut off the middle leaves to facilitate better absorption of sunlight.
When the branches of the cannabis plants start to grow beyond a certain point, the requirement of clips is all more essential to maintain the overall structure of the plant. Since they grow beyond a certain extent at this particular point in time, it becomes quite difficult for the owner to maintain the downward structure of this plant. That’s when these plant clips are very much required for the above-mentioned reasons. So, these are the steps that must be followed for completing the LST of cannabis plants.
Nature is precious and it should be preserved by any means. This method of training plants will only embrace the beauty of cannabis without being harsh to them. Non-trained cannabis plants will do nothing but will only bring disappointment to their owners.
Thereby, they should be trained to grow in a certain manner which will prove to be beneficial to owners. This training method will promote better growth which will only enhance the beauty and quality of the cannabis plants.
A rotating team of writers and editors dedicated to providing reliable information for the readers of American Promise. We’re all passionate about cannabis and actively engaged in this “budding” industry.