We occasionally recommend products we love and might be paid a share of the sale.
Lately, Marijuana-infused products are on the rise. Besides its conventional uses, Marijuana is used for different purposes by accustoming itself to different forms. Some of the popular Marijuana-infused products include gummies, chocolates, oils, creams, lotions, beverages, capsules, dog treats, etc. Each product comes with a unique benefit.
We will be dealing with Marijuana Salve in this article. Have you heard of Marijuana Salve before? What exactly is Marijuana Salve? What are its uses? How can you make Marijuana Salve at your home? Keep reading to find out answers to all these interesting questions.
What is Marijuana Salve?
First, let us understand the term ‘Salve’. Salve refers to topical creams, balms, ointments, or lotions that are applied externally on the skin to heal and protect the skin from damages. As you might have seen, salves generally are thick, with a semi-solid consistency and soft texture. Marijuana salves are nothing but Marijuana-infused salves that are used for multiple purposes like healing inflammation, pain, skin damages, rashes, etc.
As Marijuana salves are applied directly to the skin, they will not make you euphoric or high. This makes them suitable for application at any time during the day. It is also suitable for both men and women.
Know the excellent benefits of Marijuana Salve
Since the discovery of the medicinal benefits of Marijuana, it has been used in many countries to treat various medical issues. Marijuana Salve is no exception. It has numerous benefits for the skin. As topical creams are applied externally on the skin, they will not trigger psychoactive effects. The cannabinoids in Cannabis have the power to treat different kinds of pains and inflammations.
- Relieves Pain And Inflammation
Just like Marijuana-infused medicines, Marijuana salves are widely used to relieve pains and inflammations. Upon their external application, they interact with the affected part and reduce the symptoms of arthritis. Arthritis causes pain, soreness, inflammation, and stiffness in joints. By applying Marijuana salves on the joints, one can feel the symptoms largely decreasing. Marijuana balms also treat muscle aches.
- Heals External Injuries
Minor injuries such as bruises, cuts, insect bites, abrasions, burns are common among youngsters and adults. These are unavoidable. Marijuana salves effectively treat various minor injuries like the above-mentioned ones. The salves can help you escape from the discomfort caused by minor wounds. The injuries heal quickly, and the soreness, itching and pain can be reduced by the external application of Marijuana salves.
- Treats Various Skin Conditions
Apart from treating pain and minor wounds, Marijuana salves are also known for treating some skin conditions. Common skin troubles like itching, soreness, rashes, and dryness can be treated by Marijuana salves. Eczema and Psoriasis can also be treated by applying Marijuana creams and ointments. As Marijuana salves are prepared using essential oils, they contain enough moisture in them. This will allow the skin to get good moisture and help in relieving various skin conditions.
- Helps Those With Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Those affected by Carpal tunnel syndrome will experience numbness, weakness and tingling in their hands and arms. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the median nerve in the hand will get compressed. It will cause nerve pain and numbness. Studies suggest Marijuana topical balms and oils can reduce the nerve pain and numbness caused by this syndrome.
Now that we have known the beautiful benefits of Marijuana salves, it’s time to learn how Marijuana salve can be prepared at your home.
- Prepare The Perfect Marijuana Salve On Your Own
If you are interested to try out Marijuana salves, save your efforts to search it online or in stores. We never know if the salves prepared in stores or online shops are of good quality. Also, when you make it yourself, the extra happiness you gain is priceless. We will tell you how to make high quality and effective Marijuana salve at your home using easily accessible products.
To make the Marijuana salve, you will need
- Coconut oil (One and a half cups)
- Olive oil (1/3 cup)
- Essential oil (a few drops; oil can be of your choice)
- Beeswax (1/3 cup)
- Saucepan (1)
- Cheesecloth (1)
- Dried and ground cannabis (10 grams)
- Baking sheet (1)
- A Jar (1)
- STEP 1 – You need an oven to prepare Marijuana salve. The oven should be preheated at 240F. Take the dry and ground Cannabis and spread it on the baking sheet. The baking sheet with the Cannabis must be placed inside the oven for about 30 minutes. This is done for decarboxylation.
- STEP 2 – Now, take the coconut oil and olive oil. Pour them on the saucepan and stir them in low heat. Keep stirring them slowly.
- STEP 3 – Take the decarboxylated Cannabis out from the oven and slowly put it on the saucepan that contains oils. Stir both Cannabis and oils now in low heat. Mix them well and keep stirring them for about 25 minutes. Make sure you do not turn the flame high, as the Cannabis will get burnt and THC in it will be burnt off. The oil’s consistency will also change in high flame. So, constantly keep the saucepan in low flame while you stir.
- STEP 4 – After 20-25 minutes, switch off the flame and pour the Cannabis-oils mixture into a jar through cheesecloth. Keep this jar separately.
- STEP 5 – Now, as you have emptied the saucepan, place it on the heat and add beeswax. The beeswax should be heated until it melts. After the beeswax is melted, add the Cannabis-oil mixture that you had kept in the jar.
- STEP 6 – Stir the items on the saucepan. Add essential oils like tea tree oil or lavender oil if required. You can add peppermint oil too! Add a few drops of any of these oils or all of these oils, and mix it well.
- STEP 7 – After all these items get mixed thoroughly, you can switch off the flame and transfer the mixture to a container of your choice.
Your Marijuana-infused salve is now ready!
You can use this salve for external application on your skin. Apply it directly to your skin and enjoy its benefits. As you have prepared it at home with quality ingredients, you do not have to worry about risks or side effects. The product is completely natural with no risky elements.
The Marijuana slave you made can be used to treat pain, inflammation, skin dryness, itching, rashes and minor injuries. If you need a Marijuana body cream or lotion for daily usage, we will help you with that.
How to prepare Marijuana body butter for everyday use?
If you are looking for a body butter or lotion infused with Marijuana, with less oil content to suit your everyday needs, we can help you prepare that.
This lotion can be used every day to moisture your skin, treat skin dryness and give your skin a fresh feel.
To prepare a light Marijuana lotion, you will need
- The already prepared Marijuana salve (Refer to the passage above to see how it is prepared)
- Aloe vera gel (1 cup)
- Refined / Unrefined Shea butter (2 tablespoons)
- Almond oil / Vitamin E Oil (1-2 tablespoons)
Follow the same Marijuana Salve preparation method written above. Just add 1-2 extra tablespoons of Olive oil to the saucepan. You can also add Vitamin E oil or Almond oil to increase the moisture content in the cream. Add shea butter (optional) if you want the cream to be buttery.
Your Marijuana lotion is done. You can use the body butter for daily purposes.
Tips To Store The Freshly Prepared Marijuana Salve?
- As the Marijuana salve you prepared will not last forever like the creams you buy in the market, we recommend making it in a small amount and using it pretty soon before it gets expired.
- As you have used organic products with no chemicals or artificial preservatives, it is natural the salve won’t last for many years. It will last for a solid 1 year if you keep it in a cold place and have prepared it under the right conditions.
- To extend the salve’s lifespan, store it in a cold and dry environment. Keep it away from heat or direct sunlight.
- Apply the lotion wherever required and observe the magic instantly! The activated THC in the salve will reduce pains, inflammations and skin conditions. The oils you have added will provide the utmost moisture and prevent the skin from dryness.
- Avoid storing the salve in a lotion pump as the salve’s consistency is slightly thicker. You will find it difficult to come out of the pump when pressed. Storing it in a glass jar is recommended.
If you directly use your hand to take out some salve, make sure your hand is clean. Avoid contaminating the salve with unwashed hands. It is better to use a spoon to take out salve whenever you require. This will extend its shelf life.
The Science behind Marijuana salves
Are you interested to know how Marijuana salves do magic? We will explain to you how Marijuana salves offer medicinal benefits.
Decarboxylation plays an important role in the functioning of Marijuana salves. Decarboxylation refers to heating the Marijuana at the right temperature to convert raw Cannabis compounds to psychoactive compounds that can offer medicinal benefits.
The CBDA and THCA compounds in Marijuana will convert to CBD and THC when it is heated. Normally, this conversion happens when you smoke or vaporize Marijuana for getting high. While preparing salves, heating will help for the conversion.
The converted compounds – CBD and THC – will help in reducing several symptoms such as pain, inflammation, skin conditions, etc. THC is well known for its pain-relieving characteristics, whereas CBD is known for treating psoriasis, arthritis and seizure symptoms.
Apart from these two well-known compounds, Marijuana also has other beneficial compounds including terpenes, phytocannabinoids, etc. This doesn’t mean, the raw compounds – CBDA and THCA are not useful. The raw compounds are useful in reducing the growth of tumor, inflammation, muscle aches and arthritis.
As Marijuana topical creams are applied externally and not mixed in your bloodstream, they cannot get you high. When the Cannabis lotion or cream is applied to the skin, the CBD and THC compounds will penetrate the skin and activate the endocannabinoid receptors that are present. This will reduce pain, inflammation, rashes, and other problems associated with that particular cream applied area.
We know you are too excited to try making Marijuana salves on your own. As you know the exact preparation method now, you can start preparing Marijuana creams and lotions to treat pain, inflammation, and skin conditions. Remember to safely store the prepared salve in a cold environment for longer shelf life.
1. How long will the homemade Marijuana salve last?
The homemade Marijuana salve you prepared will last for a maximum of 9 months to one year provided you store it in a cool and dry place & avoid any contamination.
2. Can Marijuana salve be used for headaches?
Yes. You can use the Marijuana salve for headaches. Add peppermint oil during the salve preparation, as it will help reduce headaches.
3. Which oil is the best to add in the salve preparation?
Coconut oil is a must for your salve preparation. Additionally, you can add essential oils of your choice such as olive oil, almond oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and vitamin E oil.
4. Will the Marijuana salve smell like weed?
It might! Not strongly though! You might slightly smell like weed after applying Marijuana salve. But, this will be very mild. Only the aroma of coconut oil and other oils you have added will be dominating.
5. Can I use Marijuana salve as a lip balm?
Yes. You can use Marijuana salve as a lip balm by adding a spoon of honey or chocolate powder during the preparation. This will provide both a pleasant aroma and enough moisture to your lips.
A rotating team of writers and editors dedicated to providing reliable information for the readers of American Promise. We’re all passionate about cannabis and actively engaged in this “budding” industry.
- 1 What is Marijuana Salve?
- 2 FAQs