We occasionally recommend products we love and might be paid a share of the sale.
If you’ve been growing weed, you might have caught yourself falling in love with a particular variety of weeds. Despite trying out different weed variants, you always liked that one variant better than the others. You might have even thought of growing the same weed again. Cloning is the perfect way to grow your favorite weed variant again and again.
Today, we will teach you how DIY Bubble Cloner. Wondering what’s a bubble cloner? You might have understood the benefits of cloning from the first few lines of this article. So, what is a bubble cloner? What does it do? How can it be beneficial to your weed growth? We have all the answers!
What is a Bubble Cloner?
Just like the name says, a cloner clones the particular weed variant. This will allow weed growers to make hundreds of clones of a specific weed variant. While professional weed growers have the privilege to invest a huge sum to grow weed, beginners and amateurs struggle to grow weed efficiently with a small budget. That’s where the role of DIY comes into place.
A Bubble Cloner is something that uses the method of aeroponic cloning to clone your favorite variant of weed. This will result in many numbers of the weed variant. Without spending a lot of money on equipment and plant maintenance, you can clone the weed variant to get multiple weed plants. Especially, if you try and succeed in making a DIY Bubble Cloner at home, you get your favorite weed variant in large numbers without any monetary investment.
The best part about making a Bubble Cloner is it is easy and simple to use. You do not need to scratch your head, as the working procedure is highly manageable even for beginners.
How does a Bubble Cloner work?
As we already mentioned, Bubble Cloner uses an aeroponic cloning way to clone the weed variants. The Bubble Cloner uses a simple technique to increase the weed variant population. Bubble Cloner is nothing but a lightproof container that you are going to make.
Pour a nutrient solution inside to keep the roots moist constantly. This will help in plant growth, as you will eventually see the roots slowly emerging from the container. Once you see the root growth, you can smile wide as your Bubble Cloner is successfully working.
Bubble Cloner is known to produce faster results in comparison to other cloning methods like peat plug cloning and Rockwool cloning. The plants you get from the Bubble Cloner can be transplanted to a new place in 8-12 days. As Bubble Cloner is also simple to use, it is recommended for beginners over other cloners.
Though there are different types of cloners available on e-commerce sites online, there is nothing like making one on your own!
Therefore, here we come to look at the steps to make your DIY Bubble Cloner. Before that, take a look at the items required for making a Bubble Cloner.
Things required for DIY Bubble Cloner
For DIY Bubble Cloner, you will require the following items:
- A black Tupperware storage bin with a closing lid (If not Tupperware, use a normal black plastic bin)
- A transparent plastic bin and a closing lid (Should be bigger)
- Two air stones, each in 4-inch size
- Discs made of Neoprene, each of 2-inch size
- Circular drill bits, each in 2-inch size
- Air hose
- T / Y air hose adaptors
- Hot glue
Once you have all these things, you can begin making your DIY Bubble Cloner.
Procedure to make the DIY Bubble Cloner
Following is the procedure to make DIY Bubble Cloner:
- STEP 1 – Take the black Tupperware lid of the plastic bin. Put 6 holes on the lid. You can use a normal black plastic bin if you don’t get a Tupperware plastic bin. If the lid is small, make 4 holes on it. There should be enough space between and around the 4/6 holes. These holes should be able to hold the neoprene discs.
- STEP 2 – Now, stick air stones to the black plastic bin’s bottom. Even when the bubbler is moved, air stones will stay in place. Next, make a hole in the bin (any side). This is for the air hose to get access to air stones.
- STEP 3 – Pour water in the bin and see if there are any leaks.
- STEP 4 – Activate the air hose and check the intensity and flow of water spraying and bubbles. There should not be any overthrow.
NOTE: If you are not sure about what type of water to add to the bubbler, you can go with the regular water from your tap or bore. Add some hydro guard to it. Hydro guard is known for safeguarding the weed roots from bacteria and infections.
The Bubbler is all set!
- STEP 5 – It’s time to create a humidity dome in and around the bubbler now! You need the transparent/see-through plastic bin for this. Cut the bin’s rim. The cut can be a small cut, which is sufficient for the air hose to enter. You should not pinch the air hose, as this might disrupt the airflow.
- STEP 6 – The dome must be kept upside down on the bubblers’ top. The lid must be kept at the bottom. The bubbler should be placed on the lid’s center and the dome must be shut.
Your DIY Bubble Cloner is perfectly done!
Install a humidity or temperature monitor if needed!
If required, you may install a humidity or temperature monitor to the dome to calculate the readings then and now. This will keep you updated about the environment now and then. This is not mandatory. It is up to you to get a humidity or temperature monitor. Even without it, the Bubble Cloner is set to go.
As the Bubble Cloner is done, you may start to grow your weed clones in it. The Bubble Cloner can contain high humidity inside it as there is no place and scope of humidity from leaking. The air hose is present to prevent leakage. If your Bubble Cloner is built right, you can experience about 85% humidity inside it. This will support the plant growth to a large extent and help you grow weed variant clones easily.
In around 8-10 days, you can get the weed roots from the Bubble Cloner that you built.
Benefits of a DIY Bubble Cloner
- DIY Bubble Cloner works on the ‘plug and plays’ kind of model. It is very easy to make and use. It is not a complicated process.
- Bubble Cloner machines available in the market are quite expensive. Beginners and amateurs find it difficult to afford. The DIY Bubble Cloner is much cheaper and easy to afford.
- Another best thing about Bubble Cloners that you make is they produce faster results when compared to other cloning ways. In almost 10 days, your weed plants will be ready.
- You do not need to constantly monitor a DIY Bubble Cloner. It needs occasional supervision. When you find any spillage, clean them immediately to maintain hygiene.
- As DIY Bubble Cloner is small and compact, you can place it anywhere. Even a small room will suffice for a DIY Bubble Cloner. You need not require a dedicated space for maintaining your Bubble Cloner.
- DIY Bubble Cloner requires no medium. Other cloning methods will require a medium for plants to grow.
- Last but not least, it is super effective. You get a fully efficient Bubble Cloner of your own making. You can even sell it to your friend’s circle if they like it.
Points to remember when you use a DIY Bubble Cloner
You have to keep in mind certain points while you use the Bubble Cloner. These points will help you utilize the Bubble Cloner most productively.
- While you cut the plants, place them at a 45-degree angle. This is the ideal angle to grow weed clones. After you cut the clone from the original plant, clean it using clean water by gently dipping. Handle it softly with utmost care. A separate jar should be allocated for each clone.
- When using a Bubble Cloner you should keep in mind that hygiene is a priority. Maintain everything neatly and cleanly. While cutting clones from the parental weed plant, use a scissor that is sanitized and clean. The gloves you use should also be sanitized. After cutting the clones and planting, wash the scissors and gloves again for next use. You can clean them using alcohol.
- Did you know? The ideal water temperature for cloning is between 60-70F. If the water temperature is low, the clones will not grow properly. Cold water will slow down the growth process of the clone roots. Therefore, try to maintain the water temperature as mentioned above.
- You will require rooting gel for cloning. Buying a premium quality rooting gel is important, as clones grow faster if they are dipped in the quality rooting gel. Without rooting gel, they would still grow, but at a slower speed. The clones’ root health will also improve if you use rooting gels. Like we said, using a rooting gel is mandatory, but is recommended for great productivity.
- In case, if you notice the plants turning pale or yellow in your Bubble Cloner, no need to panic. Check the roots. If the roots are healthy, there is nothing to be worried about. Mostly, plants grown in Bubble Cloner will stay fresh. But, even if it turns pale, if the root is healthy enough, no worries. The root health matters!
Who can opt for DIY Bubble Cloners?
DIY Bubble Cloner is the right choice for you if you intend to make a few clones. If you want to make clones in large numbers, you may have to purchase Bubble Cloner machines. Bubble Cloner machines are available online. But, many are overpriced and faulty. You should make a thorough check before you buy one. If you want an affordable Bubble Cloner, then DIY Bubble Cloner is the best choice, as it is both affordable and effective.
We believe you have learnt how to make the most effective DIY Bubble Cloner. Cloning can’t be more interesting and excited than this. Making a Bubble Cloner from your own hands can make you feel happier than ever. But, what can make you even happier are the results you get from it. In no more than 8-10 days, the plants will start getting the roots. There are various ways to create a Bubble Cloner. We have spoken about the easiest and most productive one. Start making your Bubble Cloner now!
1. Is DIY Bubble Cloner affordable?
DIY Bubble Cloner is very cheap, completely affordable and worth your small spending. You will get maximum productivity out of it.
2. How long will it take for people to get the roots from DIY Bubble Cloner?
You can get the weed roots in about 8-10 days from your DIY Bubble Cloner.
3. What cloning method is recommended for beginners?
Beginners can opt for the Bubble Cloning method, as it is not only very effective but also very much cheap. Once you set the Bubble Cloner, you will get faster results in a few days.
4. Will Bubble Cloners make noise?
Nope. Bubble Cloners will not make any noise. The air pump can create minimal sound, but it will not disrupt the environment. The sound will not go outside the room.
5. What is the suitable water temperature for cloning?
The suitable water temperature for cloning is between 60-70F. If the water temperature is below this, you will not experience proper clone growth.
A rotating team of writers and editors dedicated to providing reliable information for the readers of American Promise. We’re all passionate about cannabis and actively engaged in this “budding” industry.